Sawtooth Spire Wanna believe, wanna believe that you don't have a bad bone in your body
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
"i already hate myelf for this, vylla, you do not need to do such a good job of it in every moment."
the words jumped from his wounded jaws, beyond the rein of control mahler had always maintained, even in dreadful situations. but the rift between he and she had deepened, split further, until it was a tangible fracture of energy in the air they shared. the lightning of her eyes struck tinder in the dry purpled forests of his own, and mahler found himself brimming with misplaced anger.
he did not speak again; he licked the edge of his mouth pensively, willing away the taste of brimstone.
"i have searched the lands below sagtannet, but i vant to go farther." if she did not wish his company, then he would withdraw, report to her only a fellow leader and the father of her children.
child.
mahler's features twisted with grief; he turned his shoulder to her and gazed off across the feral respite they had chosen for their pair. or perhaps, that she had chosen. his accolades for her motherhood transcended beyond what the gargoyle could convey. but pride kept him dour, and unsurety of how to approach her blunted his willingness to be vulnerable.
"i should have been there," he mumbled, quite unlike himself, a barrenness slipping to rest where anger had flared. jaw hardened; he blinked several times to bar the tide that threatened his cheeks. mahler nodded to punctuate what he had said, not daring to look toward wylla again. she would only continue to lever her rapier through his chest.
he swallowed, fought back the last. "today i vanted to take phaedra for a svim. she should have some sun, it has been ..." tones trailed off; he did not know how to finish the thought, nor did he wish to. instead the gargoyle was silent, clearing his throat as he awaited the answer to his wish, something to which mahler knew he was not entitled, but wanted all the same: time with their daughter to remind him of the sunlight that had once lit their grey skies.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]