Nova Peak If you must weep, do it right here in my bed as I sleep
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
Limit Two 
Looking for a "spree" partner, i.e. I want to do fast posts but can't promise rapid fire speed.

All mountains were dangerous, but this one was arguably less so than Sawtooth Spire, even with the constant downpour. The pine-needled slopes were slick underfoot and every towpath and game trail was turned to muddy rivulets by unending rain, but there were no jagged, toothsome foothills poised to tear their young apart with a single misstep. The worst part of the mountain was its peak, as mountains should be.

In the time since their arrival, Wylla had marked a perimeter in the foothills to the south and the west. Presently, she was cutting a purposeful path north through the thick pine forest that swathed the entire mountain save for its southern face, which was more jagged and treacherous than the rest. Every now and again, she swung to rub her flank against hanging needles, leaving snatches of fur here and there wherever she didn't mark with splashes of urine.

If the rain let up, she would be able to spot the ocean glimmering on her left side through the sparser trees, but a curtain of grey water hid it from view today.
Messages In This Thread
If you must weep, do it right here in my bed as I sleep - by Wylla - August 06, 2020, 05:26 PM