Moonspear mighty lonely on my own in the city
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
AWcripes, shadowposted haha!

It would come to Bronco as no surprise to find wolves drawn toward the life of a pack wolf, esepcially when the Autumn months came. Those who were proactive, at least, found their way to join a pack before the snow began to fall, or during the months when the snow lay thick through the forests. Then, at a time when life was hardest to manage in the face of food shortage and freezing temperatures, some packs might turn strangers away, should they not find it possible to feed another mouth with their dwindling food supply. So he certainly could find no reason to begrudge strangers who were smart enough to search for a place to live before the hardships struck. 

The summoning howl came a voice refined and elegant, and Bronco set off to answer it. He wasn't aware that Keres, too, was out on the prowl- and that she was closer to the stranger than he, so he continued on in his journey. There was a chill in the air, and he'd begun to notice that it took him longer and longer to warm up as he performed his morning border patrols; a sign that the seasons were changing. The morning had begun to shrink into darkness, and the sun became like an overtired whelp, unwilling to rise in the mornings. 

He took note of her silvery fur in the distance and as he approached, and lifted his head when he caught sight of Keres approaching the female, who also bore silver markings to her pelt. He caught sight of the game birds she had brought with her- three of them, which he found to be a promising demonstration of her hunting prowess. Quails were an interesting bird- often scuttling about in groups, chuckling to themselves as they rustled through the dry leaves of autumn. Three had met their match not long ago, though, and now they appeared to be laid out carefully, to catch his attention. He drew near to Keres' side, and gave her shoulder a friendly tough with his muzzle in greeting, before he looked to the stranger. Given the fact that Keres had already introduced herself and asked for her name and purpose, but Bronco sought to make the ice breaking a bit more comfortable. He gave the female a nod of his head, and couldn't help but smile softly as he nodded toward the quails. "Who told you that we accept bribes?" He asked with a faint, but amused grin.
Messages In This Thread
mighty lonely on my own in the city - by Tehama - October 09, 2020, 04:36 PM
RE: mighty lonely on my own in the city - by Keres - October 09, 2020, 05:21 PM
RE: mighty lonely on my own in the city - by RIP Bronco - October 09, 2020, 05:31 PM
RE: mighty lonely on my own in the city - by Tehama - October 09, 2020, 06:06 PM
RE: mighty lonely on my own in the city - by Keres - October 09, 2020, 06:20 PM
RE: mighty lonely on my own in the city - by RIP Bronco - October 09, 2020, 06:54 PM
RE: mighty lonely on my own in the city - by Dirge - October 10, 2020, 09:06 AM
RE: mighty lonely on my own in the city - by Altair - October 10, 2020, 09:07 AM
RE: mighty lonely on my own in the city - by Tehama - October 12, 2020, 10:20 AM
RE: mighty lonely on my own in the city - by Keres - October 13, 2020, 12:27 PM
RE: mighty lonely on my own in the city - by RIP Bronco - October 14, 2020, 02:52 PM
RE: mighty lonely on my own in the city - by Dirge - October 15, 2020, 07:14 AM
RE: mighty lonely on my own in the city - by Altair - October 15, 2020, 07:20 AM
RE: mighty lonely on my own in the city - by Tehama - October 15, 2020, 08:48 AM
RE: mighty lonely on my own in the city - by Keres - October 18, 2020, 01:24 AM
RE: mighty lonely on my own in the city - by RIP Bronco - October 18, 2020, 11:44 AM
RE: mighty lonely on my own in the city - by Dirge - October 19, 2020, 08:04 AM
RE: mighty lonely on my own in the city - by Altair - October 19, 2020, 08:05 AM
RE: mighty lonely on my own in the city - by Tehama - October 19, 2020, 02:31 PM