Wheeling Gull Isle Laws arise not from divinity, but reason.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
wc:429
He felt a little bit silly, and a bit ashamed of himself when he realized that maybe he'd been a bit too much at first- assuming that Luli was shy, or perhaps that she preferred a gentler introduction to conversation with someone she hardly knew. Still, she obliged, and he smiled faintly when she spoke a word in another language. He was reminded of Kukutux, who also occasionally slipped her own words into her sentences, though it always seemed charming, to him, to catch glimpses of another wolf's language and culture slip through. Luli looked a bit ashamed of having spoke in her own language, which was something he could understand. She obviously cared about being a welcoming host, though he didn't fault her one bit for lapsing into her own tongue.

“Coconut?” He asked, incredulously. The word she had spoken in her own tongue had sounded so different- and made his word for it sound clunky and childish in comparison. He chuckled softly. “I think I like your word for it better- how do you say it, again? Yea-zuh?” He attempted, flicking his ears forward to see if he'd caught the pronunciation right. He hoped that it was alright to ask to learn a bit of her language, and that it wasn't overstepping any cultural boundaries.

The coconut itself hadn't come from the island, but she seemed familiar enough with them, as they'd apparently drifted across the inlet to Wheeling Gull Isle before, carried by the tide. He'd assumed that due to its ragged edges, it was only a piece of a whole thing, though it still seemed kind of strange to find something perfectly round and hollow floating out on the ocean. He wasn't sure what they were from- if they came from the bottom of the ocean, or if they came from a plant along the shore- but he was fairly certain that it was plant, not animal, and that there wouldn't be much harm in taking it back with him, so long as Luli thought it was alright.

She seemed a bit surprised by the fact that he'd wanted to take it, and curious about its function. “My friend, she'd a healer, and she likes to grow herbs so that she can use them as medicines. But if, say, we get a drought and it doesn't rain, I thought she could use this to carry water from the river to her plants, to get water to them. Or to bring a drink of water to wolves who're injured and unable to move.” He added.
Messages In This Thread
Laws arise not from divinity, but reason. - by Luli - November 11, 2020, 03:31 PM
RE: Laws arise not from divinity, but reason. - by Luli - November 12, 2020, 04:20 AM
RE: Laws arise not from divinity, but reason. - by RIP Bronco - November 16, 2020, 01:46 PM
RE: Laws arise not from divinity, but reason. - by Luli - November 17, 2020, 08:36 AM