Firefly Glen Where this road leads me
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
I will prioritize this thread so it doesn't drag on, but feel free to skip me at ANY point when a leader shows up so that Keyni can get accepted. I just couldn't not throw Bronco in here <3

One call for a leader wasn't enough to cause him concern. He was in the area, but knew that apart from entertaining the visitor who had come and summoned their leadership, it would simply be a meet and greet until one of the leaders showed up to repeat the questions he'd likely already posed. It was part of a routine that he didn't necessarily mind, though he found himself wondering if his own judgement calls would stand up to par against what Osiris, Atlas and Antares would have had. Thus far, the wolves he'd met, who had joined the pack, had all been fine; the only one who had deserted them was Fennec, but...He considered her case to be unique. All the others he'd met along the borders had been perfectly civil, and had done well to blend in with the rest of the pack. 

So ihe began to wonder if he wasn't simply a redundancy when it came to patrolling the borders and screening potential joiners. He'd meet them, assess them, ask them questions- and then one of the Ostrega brothers would show up and do the same- but it was their decision that carried the weight. In comparison, he began to feel that his presence was about as effective as a shadow. Ever present, and presence had to count for something- but also somewhat ineffective.

When Lunaria called out, he'd continued to meander along the borders and was close enough that he figured he may as well do what a guardian was supposed to do. So he hastened his pace just enough so that he trotted into view of Lunaria and the stranger who was in her presence- but both of them looked content. More than content, actually- they looked quite comfortable around one another, and Lunaria had an eager, excited air about her that led Bronco to assume the two had met before. His gaze was drawn to Lunaria's companion, whose soft, jade gaze made his heart lurch slightly in his chest, making him stumble for a second before he regained his composure. Her markings were elegant, striking without being outspoken- and there was something of a wordless beauty about her features that made his cheeks warm. 

He knew Lunaria to be a bright and keen spirit, so he gave her a smile and nod of his head as he approached. He was aware that she knew he could be a complete goof, upon occasion, but he still took his job seriously, as an appointed guardian of the pack. Still, it was with a modest, calm warmth that he regarded the stranger. "A friend of yours, Lunaria?" He asked, pricking his ears and inviting either of them to answer.
Messages In This Thread
Where this road leads me - by Keyni - December 14, 2020, 02:59 PM
RE: Where this road leads me - by Lunaria - December 14, 2020, 03:37 PM
RE: Where this road leads me - by Keyni - December 15, 2020, 02:43 PM
RE: Where this road leads me - by Lunaria - December 22, 2020, 01:02 PM
RE: Where this road leads me - by RIP Bronco - December 22, 2020, 09:16 PM
RE: Where this road leads me - by Keyni - December 28, 2020, 09:56 PM
RE: Where this road leads me - by Lunaria - December 28, 2020, 10:32 PM
RE: Where this road leads me - by RIP Bronco - December 29, 2020, 03:26 PM
RE: Where this road leads me - by Osiris’s Ghost - December 30, 2020, 01:43 PM
RE: Where this road leads me - by Keyni - December 30, 2020, 04:14 PM
RE: Where this road leads me - by Lunaria - December 30, 2020, 10:01 PM