Redhawk Caldera The old red hills of home
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
He wilted at her proclation, as her words stung him like nettles. It struck him then that she was very stressed out over this...Why, though, he wasn't sure. They grew up in a family pack, and each year there had been more pups around- so it wasn't like she didn't like kids...There was the possibility that perhaps what made her the most upset was the fact that he was the father. He tried not to dwell on that possibility- she didn't want to talk about it right now, and he didn't want to push her. She was, after all, carrying their children. He wanted her to be happy, healthy- and stressing her out would only make things worse. 

"Okay," He answered, trying to make his voice sound a bit lighter so she might not know how reluctant he was to just let her stew. But it was what she wanted- and he wanted the best for her. But he didn't pull away. She might've wanted to drive him away, but he didn't want for her to have to chase him off whenever she wanted space. Lashing out and blocking him out was a sort of language that was unhealthy. "Hey...Any time you want some space, or when I annoy the fuck out of you...You can tell me to take a hike I'd...Get tired of me too, all the time. I won't take any offense. An' I'll always come back later. Just...Tell me, okay? I can't read your brain. An' we both know you're the brains of this operation." He said. Perhaps he should have dropped it earlier, but he felt at least she should know that she had some control over how things happened. Giving her space was a part of being her willing slave. 

She turned toward him then, and mentioned her mother. Even though they hadn't asked for permission, and that in some places that would merit demotion or even exile, he had the feeling that Towhee would probably lean more toward being excited. Towhee loved kids- she loved her kids, so she would probably adore having grandchildren. So telling Towhee didn't seem like too much of a hurdle. "I can help if you want. But if you wanna talk to her alone, that's alright too." He said. Then he remembered something. "I'm just paying my debt, you know," He said. "I've owed you my firstborn child for like...A year now? About time I paid up anyway."
Messages In This Thread
The old red hills of home - by RIP Bronco - May 04, 2021, 03:18 PM
RE: The old red hills of home - by Fennec - May 05, 2021, 02:04 AM
RE: The old red hills of home - by RIP Bronco - May 05, 2021, 12:30 PM
RE: The old red hills of home - by Fennec - May 07, 2021, 01:57 AM
RE: The old red hills of home - by RIP Bronco - May 10, 2021, 12:38 PM
RE: The old red hills of home - by Fennec - May 10, 2021, 07:56 PM
RE: The old red hills of home - by RIP Bronco - May 10, 2021, 08:52 PM
RE: The old red hills of home - by Fennec - May 10, 2021, 10:38 PM
RE: The old red hills of home - by RIP Bronco - May 11, 2021, 12:16 AM
RE: The old red hills of home - by Fennec - May 11, 2021, 01:16 AM
RE: The old red hills of home - by RIP Bronco - May 11, 2021, 01:04 PM