Noctisardor Bypass [m] can you shatter my mirror to see outside myself
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
again.
humiliated again.
again; it vibrated along the inside of his brain, expanding until he felt he did know. but he did not want to know; the nameless possibility horrified the man, who had never experienced such an urge in his life. so he did not understand it, and did not wish to explore it.
for if he was right, it explained the way laurel peeled in wallpaper strips before him; her wretched shrieking; the way that she begged him now, begged him to —
"keep you a secret?" mahler whispered incredulously, attempting to make sense of all her billowing words and the emotions that racked her face.
he had been wrong to suggest the man; he had merely drowned beneath the weight of her own unknowing, until he scrabbled madly for a tangible solution. but mahler did not know what else to do, or to say, for each time a proper sentence meant to be formed, her bouquet pushed it from the table of his mind as a cat-paw upon a waterglass.
"i vould not do that, laurel. and it vould be impossible to keep such a deceit, not vhen they and you and i vould all still live vithin rivenvood." and he would disallow her from taking them elsewhere, for now he must right the wrong he had done by nyx and elke and ciri, leading them to their doom upon moonspear.
a cup of his ears.
did laurel mean for him to somehow right a wrong for her, as well? as though his body might mollify the injustice. the stoneflower eyes gentled further, filling with a wary affection. "do you vant children, laurel? or do you vant to be — to, ach. to know that a man can touch you vithout hurting you?"
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: [m] can you shatter my mirror to see outside myself - by Mahler - June 05, 2021, 05:52 PM