Redhawk Caldera things i once enjoyed just keep me employed now
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Oddly enough, it was taking a fair amount of time for Bronco to settle in and feel though he was at home again on the Caldera. Perhaps there was still a hint of the nagging fear that begged for him to run and keep running that made his soul restless, but he thought that it had more to do with his lack of connections within the pack.

He was still recovering and was keeping his head low, for his own reasons of course, but with Towhee gone, his mother dead, and those he once he knew off in Brechelient, he spent the majority of his time just with Fennec and Killdeer. Having grown up with a set of parents and several others as co-parents, he realized that things were different here. He snuffled along, hoping to find the trail of something to eat and tried to consider tracking down another packmate- one of the many strangers who also lived here- so that Killdeer could grow up with a big family, with lots of friends, the way he had.

Naturally, he found himself drawn down toward the lake's shore, and saw a falcon winging overhead in the same direction. Just as he broke past the treeline he saw it dive, and his gaze fell upon the young, pale wolf who had also looked up to watch the bird crash against the surface of the lake, only to fight its way back into the air with a fish in its talons.

He expected more of a reaction from the kid, who didn't look as impressed as he might've expected. Maybe she'd seen this happen before. She seemed more interested in watching it fly off, so he sidled a bit closer demurely. "It'd be pretty cool to be able to fly, eh?"
Messages In This Thread
things i once enjoyed just keep me employed now - by Manea - September 14, 2021, 07:29 PM
RE: things i once enjoyed just keep me employed now - by RIP Bronco - September 24, 2021, 09:10 AM