Redhawk Caldera I know who've you been and who you'll become
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Whatever luck Ceridwen had, it'd drawn her to the place Bronco often went to rest. He'd pulled cat tails up from the lake and made himself a nice resting place nearby, and had begun to make himself a Bronco-sized nest in the old reeds along the lake's shore as well. It was cooler at night, and he liked the sound of the wind rustling through the reeds. It blocked out invasive thoughts, and as they grew taller, they provided him shade as he lay at the lake's edge. 

Of course, with the summer beginning to fade, the cat tails had begun to shed their seeds, as had the thistle which grew nearby. Having gone for a swim and curled up in the middle of his patch of reeds for a nap, Bronco'd unwittingly set himself up to be covered, gently, with the beige fluff of cat tail reeds and thistle down as he slept. 

A caterwauling voice awoke him, and he chuckled when he realized that it sounded like Ceridwen and Maia were close by. When he lifted his head, he realized then that he was almost completely covered in wooly cattail fluff. It might've bothered him on another day, but when he saw Ceridwen and Maia approach the lake's edge in the distance, he figured he might as well use it to his advantage. 

He carefully dipped a paw in the mud, and nuzzled it, so that at least his usually beige cheeks might be a bit darker. When he moved forward, he stepped into the lake some distance away from the others, moving carefuly so he did not dislodge the thick layer of fluff that covered him from the crown of his head to the point of his hips. Would his disguise work, he wondered, at least on Ceridwen? 

Her imagination was strong enough that he didn't see fit to make any ominous sounds or startling movements. He swayed his down-covered head from side to side, the way an elk might as it walked (boy, he wished he had antlers now!) and waded calmly out into the waters, before turning his benevolent gaze in their direction.
Messages In This Thread
I know who've you been and who you'll become - by Maia - June 16, 2022, 09:57 AM
RE: I know who've you been and who you'll become - by RIP Bronco - September 01, 2022, 01:36 PM
RE: I know who've you been and who you'll become - by Maia - September 09, 2022, 04:20 PM