Redsand Canyon I got a hankering for four wide tires
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
inadvertently she touched upon a nerve of his anguish. germanicus did not expect the sensation that flowed through him at her reassurance against destruction.

as she spoke, the eagle began to truly understand why fennec had ever consented to the sort of marriage he had offered. she had been abandoned more than once, the reason given that it was for her own emotions. as if being left behind somehow freed the one who had been put aside.

had ruenna meant the same for him? she had done so in love but now he grappled with it. and now the words of the goldspun woman alongside him made him wonder if the redsand wife had thought along the lines of those who had left fennec. and that did not settle well upon his spirit.

in the end, who could know her motivations? she was gone. he must accept she would not come back.

his wife's firmness that this be a partnership where all things were shared brought an expression to his face that answered in agreeability. she had tensed and he softened through the speaking. and now if she allowed, he meant to embrace her and pull her against his side.

"i do not have anything more to prove to her," he said quietly. "if she had said she would one day return, i would have waited. to the end of my life i would have waited. but it was not what she desired." and he hurt to say it. the vulnerability that simmered around he and fennec right in this moment was harshly uncomfortable but he knew it surely was the same for her and for the sake of this partnership they must remain in this space.

"i want now to prove to you that i do not work by whim or by fancy." he exhaled. "if bronco returned and offered you what you wonder if ruenna would offer me: renewed love and a partnership, would you go?" she loved him. or she had. and he had hurt her deeply.

but the eagle was starting now to wonder if fennec intended love later when she had come to trust him.

and he wondered if his own emotions would be able to meet her own should that time come.
Messages In This Thread
I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 01, 2022, 10:44 AM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 01, 2022, 12:02 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 01, 2022, 07:45 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 01, 2022, 08:50 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 01, 2022, 09:36 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 01, 2022, 10:03 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 01, 2022, 10:30 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 03, 2022, 05:32 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 03, 2022, 06:24 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 03, 2022, 06:41 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 03, 2022, 07:05 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 03, 2022, 08:51 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 03, 2022, 09:44 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 03, 2022, 10:14 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 03, 2022, 10:48 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 04, 2022, 07:43 AM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 04, 2022, 09:17 AM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 04, 2022, 10:26 AM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 04, 2022, 10:53 AM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 04, 2022, 11:35 AM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 04, 2022, 02:20 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 04, 2022, 07:40 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 04, 2022, 08:31 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 04, 2022, 08:43 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 04, 2022, 09:19 PM