Moonspear I HAVE A FEAR OF HEIGHTS PLZ HALP
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
All Welcome 
He's never been this high up before poor baby

Whoooaaaaa-woah-woah! Ganon exclaims, peering over the edge of the cliff, having nearly walked off. He had never been beyond ground level before today, and it was mind boggling how strange everything looked from up high. Is this how birds saw? No. They have different eyes, didn't they? But he sent him reeling, vertigo sweeping through him. He clings to the firm, solid rock, his only respite, and shimmys backwards.
My mind is clearer now...

...at last, all too well...
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The snow fell in droves today, and it was still new enough to Hydra that she often wanted to snap at it. And so she did, lunging and twisting and clacking her jaws at the substance that quickly melted away. Strange that it did not accumulate in her mouth as it did the earth, but she hadn't the mind to understand why, intelligent though she was. Science was a bit beyond her reach. 

Ganondorf's scent did give her pause, however. He had traveled higher than she anticipated he would, and her course was set in a new direction. Her long-legged strides brought her to him, and in no time at all she was hearing his exclamations. She paused a comfortable distance away, where he would still be able to see her and vice versa, her tail twitching idly behind her. Impressed? She inquired, but she could smell the anxiety that wrought the air. Come this way, Ganondorf. Your paws are still soft—you could slip, she forewarned. Her own paws were calloused and rough from life upon the mountain, giving her a surer grip everywhere she traversed. Still, even in this weather, one ought to be cautious.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
The flurries of snow on heightened his sense of fright, that he would fall with them, though a stone compared to their twinkling beauty. He could only briefly chuckle at her words, his smile belying the nervousness within him as he followed her, desperate for any real confidence of movement. You can just call me Ganon, It felt strange for his full name to be uttered like that. 

Like many of those raised within the Woods, he felt the vulnerability of being out in the open, away from the heavy, oppressive canopies that defined Blackfeather Woods. Ganon looked upwards, closer to the heavens then he had ever been, and muttered between clenched teeth. It's so open here,

the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra smiled at his words. I could, she rejoined agreeably, but Ganondorf suits you. It is a handsome name, she expressed candidly. Hydra was nothing if not forward. The ruddy wolf was indeed handsome, though would be likely even more handsome once he was fully repaired from his time alone. It was clear the Melonii male was not in his prime, and this was not meant physically. She wondered what Ganondorf was like when he felt at home. Surely that would take some time, but now that he was on the winning side, well, he had all of the time in the world.

His words were met with silence first, as her gaze panned toward the world beyond him. And then she looked back to him, thinking of a place he would feel more comfortable. Hydra beckoned him to her side with but a gesture, turning around and darting toward (one of) Moonspear's forests; the vast, mountainous terrain had many subterritories, and she imagined the wolf of the woods would be more comfortable in his woodland element.
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
The words come, and while he is surprised by her bluntness, he isn't surprised by the contents of her words, and the insinuation behind them. He sees the look in her eyes, the once over. He had few contact with women outside his family group, but they all were the similar. The longing glances mirroring how he used to look at Vaati. He had to establish it head on, rather than lead her on and hurt her later on. He locks eyes with her, his words becoming firm. 'I'm not attracted to women, She beckons him to a place far from the precipice of the territory, which was welcome to the soft-footed male. It was nothing like Blackfeather Woods — little other place could be like it — but he could take it. He was glad they all didn't live on cliffsides like some birds did. He wasn't sure if he was going to be able to last out in a place like that.

the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
To start with, it was not his words that concerned her, but the way in which he looks at her. Her response is swift and immediate as she seeks to put him in his place; his seeking to directly make eye contact with her was a mistake. Even before she responded to his other words, she would need to put him in his place—to lock eyes with a leading Ostrega could be a fatal error if not amended.
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
Blackfeather Woods was peculiar in more ways than one. Other than the whole cult thing and torture, it was the lack of posturing at every single second. He was never afraid to look any of the Blackfeather Woods in the eye. It was a familiar gesture, to look at them square in the face and speak. Muscle memory had made him do that, to grab Hydra's eyes, her attention and speak to impart his words clearer. But he had made a serious mistake. Ganon's expression changed quickly as he realized it, seeing the hardened look on her face. His eyes flitted away, head lowering slightly in what he assumed was the right posture, hoping he didn't seriously piss her off.

the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Her tail waved once he corrected himself. No hard feelings there; it was just wolf law, which Hydra was eloquent in by nature. Anyhow, I am not attracted to you, she pressed, slipping around him to lead the way, I was only saying, your name, it suits you. Her ears pricked as she peered to him, grinning. Redheads aren't my type, she quipped—just as women were not his. But that fact was good to know, strange though it was. Shall we? Her words were not meant to offend; she was only stating facts, as earnestly as he had.
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
Ganon screams internally, but his face smirks apologetically, with a soft "Heh" as his only answer to Hydra's explanation. He so quickly assumed that she was checking him out, flirting with him. But handsome didn't always mean physically, he supposed. Ganon reeled mentally for a seco— few sec— the rest of his life.

He tries to play it smooth and regain his sense of groundedness. What is your type then? He says it casually, now that it was established that neither of them was attracted to the other. He supposed that they could talk about stuff like that casually now. He supposed, but he had never had conversations like this with anyone before. Sure,