Moonspear Sweet child of mine - where do we go now?
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Never heard of those? It can't be..." Wraen looked at Hydra in disbelief, because she had been under impression that just the same way her sister Sarha, the Ostrega girl knew almost everything. How else would she have climbed that high? It occurred to her that she might know about this stuff, except with different names for each food group. 

"Well, when our family left, this place was under a famine," she began, not remembering much about this time from her early childhood, except for the hungry feeling and disappointment in the fact that Osprey did not have enough milk for them. "And out in the wilds not every day is lucky. My parents were two adults with three hungry mouths to feed and there were days, when we did not see the tiniest morsel of food," despite this part in her biography, she remembered it fondly as the most interesting one. And here is a reason why...

"So, until we were quick and skilled enough to hunt our own hares and rodents, mom and dad taught about the foods that wouldn't be your first choice under regular conditions, but that would keep you going, until you found something better. So... "desperate foods" are technically anything - bilberry bushes, grass, moss etc. - that you eat to keep your stomach filled and the hungry feeling at bay. It's the "die slower" food or your last choice, when all else fails, but you still hope to survive somehow," she told.

""Green forage" is close to the previous food group - mainly stuff our usual prey eats. Berries, when the season is on, mushrooms, if you know well, what you are taking in your mouth. Not nutritious, but keeps you going. "Pig food" is the roots or anything that is underground and "flea-skin foods" are the stuff you scavenge. During our travels we happened to run into this huge place, where there were mountains and mountains of smelly and odd looking alien stuff, but there was edible stuff mixed in as well," she spoke about the garbage pit they had come accross, when traveling near human settlements. Not that they knew, what they were.
Messages In This Thread
Sweet child of mine - where do we go now? - by Wraen - December 25, 2017, 02:03 PM
RE: Sweet child of mine - where do we go now? - by Hydra - December 27, 2017, 11:02 AM
RE: Sweet child of mine - where do we go now? - by Wraen - December 27, 2017, 02:10 PM
RE: Sweet child of mine - where do we go now? - by Hydra - December 27, 2017, 02:43 PM
RE: Sweet child of mine - where do we go now? - by Wraen - December 28, 2017, 05:16 PM
RE: Sweet child of mine - where do we go now? - by Hydra - January 02, 2018, 07:31 PM
RE: Sweet child of mine - where do we go now? - by Wraen - January 04, 2018, 02:02 PM
RE: Sweet child of mine - where do we go now? - by Hydra - January 05, 2018, 12:03 PM
RE: Sweet child of mine - where do we go now? - by Wraen - January 05, 2018, 12:23 PM
RE: Sweet child of mine - where do we go now? - by Hydra - January 05, 2018, 01:45 PM
RE: Sweet child of mine - where do we go now? - by Wraen - January 05, 2018, 02:10 PM
RE: Sweet child of mine - where do we go now? - by Hydra - January 05, 2018, 02:38 PM
RE: Sweet child of mine - where do we go now? - by Wraen - January 05, 2018, 03:07 PM