Blackfeather Woods nyctophilia
40 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
anyone who would like to meet Issy? :)

(n.) a love of darkness or the night, finding relaxation or comfort in the dark

Though she lingers near Moonshadow's dwelling more oft than not - hanging near the fringes out of sight but nearby should she be needed - occasionally Istoira wanders the woods. At times it is a search for game and others, nothing more than an exploratory meander. 

Tonight, she finds herself near the southern reaches of the black forest - examining the mire of a swamp from a safe distance. 

The firewood's yet to investigate this chunk of her new home but soon passes the pit by, dark form merging into the shadows as hellish orbs peer into hidden corners and niches that lay off of her invisible path.
"my bones are stained with sin, scorched by fire, broken by betrayal, cold in loneliness, soaked in blood. 
and still. you could not kill me."
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
At first, she thought she was hallucinating creatures in the swamp. Upon further examination, the charred thing ahead was, in fact, a wolf—not a piece of firewood far from the blaze. A wolf in poor shape, though. Maegi was too aware of her own deformities to stare; she gave the woman a once-over before padding her way, sidling expertly through the swamp she knew better than herself.

Who are you? she demanded softly, inhaling and finding Moonshadow's familiar scent layered over the patchy pelt. That was something, at least. She trusted the dark woman enough to make good judgment calls; hopefully, nothing would happen to jeopardize that faith. A friend of Moonshadow's? Did she invite you to stay?
40 Posts
Ooc —
She is not long in her solitude, fiery orbs lifting as the pale and disfigured Maegi approaches. Her gaze drops almost immediately, the scent of the rust-stained lord clinging to the Nona. Perhaps she was of a similar dispostion and Istoira had no desire to ruffle feathers - her dark frame discreetly rearranged itself into submission as the dove drew near. 

"I am Istoira, my lady," her sooty crown dips deeply in respect. 

"Aye, she is a friend of mine but it was the one-eyed lord who admitted me," the former slave murmurs softly, curious if she would be forced from the Woods at Maegi's command. 
"my bones are stained with sin, scorched by fire, broken by betrayal, cold in loneliness, soaked in blood. 
THIS WHOLE WORLD IS ENDING, A NEW ONE BEGINS
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
just a cameo unless acknowledged or spoken to, hope that's okay. if not please let me know <3

Somewhere in the distance, Jakoul had also spotted the charred creature. Yet she was not as brave as Blackfeather's Nona. To move so swift to the thing that haunted the swamps. It was admirable but no doubt filled her with a touch of anxiety. Ever so slightly she shifted to a more defensive posture and crept along to the backside of their Nona. An almost pitiful boof was emitted from her frail frame, but it was a silent promise that she was around if needed.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
The one-eyed lord she assumed was Titmouse—who else would it be?—and Maegi nodded, satisfied for now. That's Mou, she answered. He leads alongside me and my brother, Ramsay. My name is Maegi Melonii.

Her ears swiveled to catch movement behind her, and she turned and caught Jakoul in her double-hued gaze. She dipped her muzzle at the huntress with a smile, acknowledging her silent show of support, before turning back to Istoira. It was good to have the presence of loyal wolves here. . .or at least, those who gave the pretense of loyalty.

Gods help them if the pretense turned out false.

How long have you known Moonshadow? Maegi asked, intrigued. She herself had known the dark woman for quite a long time; had Moonshadow become friends with this woman during their several times apart?
40 Posts
Ooc —
Another materialized at Maegi's hocks, a creature of mixed heritage that drew Istoira's gaze but for a moment - though it was carefully trained upon the point of Jakoul's shoulder and it did not dare seek her eyes. 

Still, she does not miss the posture.

The girl who was once Keiedia remains stolid, unmoving as her gaze once more drops to the earth. Yet, inwardly, a stab of irritation made itself known - alongside, most surprisingly, dissapointment.  

Yes, yes, she was a stranger and she had already received the message loud and clear that she was not entirely welcome from the one Maegi had named Mou. Was such a display really necessary, especially in the face of her freely offered submission? 

Whatever. At least Maegi seemed amiable.

"A pleasure, Maegi Melonii," the firewood pattered with a bow of her onyx skull, focusing her attentions upon the Nona. The other had not deemed it necessary to speak as of yet, her body language enough of a conversation for Istoira in any case. 

"Not long, I'm afraid," she was forced to admit with a rueful ducking of her crown, the faintest of wry grins. "She was the first I encountered within these lands and after defending her from that scoundrel," disgust wrinkled the scarred pitch of her delicate muzzle as she thought of Nikan, "I grew fond of her." 

"I figured I would join your ranks, give pack life another shot." 
She shrugged slightly, devoid of any forming opinion of the Woods' wolves in her mannerisms. 
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
permission given to skip Jakoul!

Maegi grew very intrigued at the story of Istoira's encounter with Moonshadow, leaning forward a little. So you're one of the wolves that helped chase away Molag Bal, she said, an icy gratitude evident in her voice. She turned her ruined cheek toward the woman, eye blazing bright amidst the snow of her pelt. He did this to me, when I was a girl. I'll kill him, one day—and certainly if he comes near here again.

She straightened once more, facing Istoira head-on. Thank you, the Melonii said, giving a solemn nod. All we ask here is your loyalty, and for you to provide in whatever way you can. I've been betrayed before by someone close to me, and I won't let it happen again. She cocked her head in query. What skills do you have? Are you a hunter, a fighter, a medic. . .?
40 Posts
Ooc —
The former slave leveled an even stare against the ruin of Maegi's mouth, chin dipping slightly once in agreement. 

As you should. 

She had killed her own Punisher, ripped apart the demons and ghouls of her dark past. It was a fitting reaction, a just sentence to fulfill, in the Storm-bringer's hellfire eyes. No one could know peace until they had killed whatever threatened them. 

"You have it, my lady," she answered and it was not empty air. In truth, she had joined with her loyalty belonging to the dark lady, Moonshadow, but already Istoria found herself impressed with the pale mage - a tentative affinity formed within her mind and her loyalty began to sway to include the Nona. 

"I am a hunter and a botanist foremost, my lady, but I am not adverse to learning if the pack is lacking in a needed skillset." 

A jack of all trades but master of none is surely better than master of one. Never had an expression suited Istoira better - a dabbler in many arts, her intrigue lay in the general consumption of knowledge.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Multiple skill sets—that was encouraging, in Maegi's eyes. Botany they had pretty much covered, but they were always in need of more hunters, and she wouldn't hesitate to say as much. I don't think you should ever stop learning, she said, nodding again in agreement. It's good that you're open to the idea.

She shifted, relaxing slightly more in the presence of someone who seemed trustworthy (for now). You'll be of best use as a hunter, she declared softly. A warrior as well. Tundra and Ramsay have most experience with that, I think. And Wintersbane, she thought, but she hadn't seen the tall, dark man in some time—a realization that sent a chill through her veins.

I don't see why they wouldn't be willing to teach you what they know, Maegi went on with a shrug, casting aside thoughts of the wayward mercenary. He would return. . .hopefully. He had once before, anyway.
40 Posts
Ooc —
The shadow nodded, accepting the roles placed before her. Her love of toxicology and botany must take a back burner, become a hobby. Her fangs and physical capabilities were required though this was not wholly unfamiliar. 

"Thank you. I will seek them out soon and ask if they would be willing to work with me," Istoira assured with a slight nod, a silent vow to fill whatever place Maegi seemed her suited to. 
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Good, Maegi answered, giving Istoira a smile. I'm sure they'll be glad to have a student willing to learn. And. . . She turned slightly, catching Jakoul in the center of her gaze before gesturing toward the other woman with her chin. Jakoul hunts. Perhaps you two could bond over that?

For the pack to survive, they would all need to grow much closer than they were. Right now, things seemed. . .scattered.

I'm off to the temple, to pray, she said, addressing both of the wolves, now. If you'd like to join me, you're welcome. Otherwise. . .I'll see you around? she asked, shrugging. After any answer given, she gave her packmates nods of farewell before traveling back the direction she came, heading toward the Altar with a prayer of thanksgiving in her heart.

Molag Bal lived—but the ranks of those against him had swelled one bigger, today.
40 Posts
Ooc —
A gaze of fire found Jakoul, expressionless and devoid. "I'd be honoured to hunt with you," the pitch femme murmured, bowing her head respectfully towards the girl - irritation pushed aside. 

"I fear I'd be a nuisance to your praying, Nona," she answered, a rare grin crossing her features. "I know no gods - I'd only annoy with my curiosity and questions. Perhaps another time; you might even convert me," she quipped mirthfully, offering the pale mage a last nod as she departed. It went unsaid that she would defer to the customs surrounding the Woods' religion - if outsiders were not to be indoctrinated, so be it. 

She turned to the canid next, a brow rising curiously. "Shall we?" 
THIS WHOLE WORLD IS ENDING, A NEW ONE BEGINS
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
feel free to archive <3

She had remained silent in the background, content to listen to whatever it was they chattered about. She did not keep up as well as they did but she knew when she was mentioned. Her tail hesitantly swayed as Maegi glanced at her but settled down as the Nona announced her departure.

Her form drifted closer to the stranger as she motioned with her head for them to follow, if they wished. There were better places to hunt than the mire of Blackfeather.