Sun Mote Copse If I only had a rowboat I’d row us up to heaven
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
While at first it seemed like some kind of reward, Bronco learned quickly that this wasn’t just some fun little trip where he could run wild. No- there were rules, rules and more rules- and when he went against them, either he was punished by his mother or by nature for doing the wrong thing. He’d learned that his Mom was right about porcupines- they were sharp. Mom was right about skunks too- they stunk. She was right about the directions they travelled in, and that his little escape attempts had cost them more time. And no matter what he did, he lost every playfight, as he refused to follow her directions and went for a freestyle attack instead. Mom was a know-it-all.

He didn’t really like it- but he’d begun to see that she did make sense, even if her warnings meant he could have less fun. Water was indeed dangerous, even if it looked calm on the surface. But he did enjoy swimming...But some rivers were too strong for him. He’d begun to have a bit of an idea about his own safety, knowing now that he wasn’t invincible. And damn, his mom sure could run. He trailed behind- growing stronger and stronger yes- but he could not match her strength or speed. So if nothing else, he had learned that he would have to keep pushing himself, so that some day, he could run faster and fight harder than his mom could. 

He collapsed at the borders and quirked one ear as she instructed him again. He just wanted to crawl back into their den and sleep for a week- but he was too tired to protest and simply run home, ao he stayed put, trying to catch his breath.
Messages In This Thread
RE: If I only had a rowboat I’d row us up to heaven - by RIP Bronco - July 31, 2019, 08:51 AM