Sun Mote Copse If I only had a rowboat I’d row us up to heaven
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
It was totally easy to believe that his Dad had won the fight- he was Dad, after all, and could take on anyone. His Mom had tried endlessly to impress him with her speed and strength, and sure- she’d hunted and had won every single training session she’d given him in terms of self defense, but he only saw it as motivation to beat her someday, not an impressive feat. But Colt was somehow exempt from that skepticism- and the fact that he’d nearly killed another wolf was proof of just how strong he was. Bronco smiled and narrowed his eyes proudly. That was his Dad.

Bronco, of course, opened his mouth to protest when his Mom swore. She’d done it a few times and he’d begun imitating her, but for some reason it wasn’t OK for him to swear. So he’d ask why she was allowed to, and they’d come to the sort of agreement that if he wasn’t allowed to use that kind of language, he shouldn’t hear it either...Though there was something so very satisfying about swearing. He grinned wolfishly at his Mom when she changed her phrasing and nodded. Good. She had to learn something too.

And speaking of learning, he was then asked to detail what he’d been shown while travelling, and more than anything, he wanted to impress his Dad. But he was a child still, and the first few things that came to mind were a reflection of that. 

”Do as I say, not as I do,” He repeated, mirroring an expression he’d heard very often. ”Don’ mess wif stankybutt skunks. Don’ mess wif Porkypines, Don’ wake Ma up ‘fore sunrise, an’ don’ run yer mouth,” he said, pausing for a moment to think about more. ”Oh! Dad! I catched-a mouse! Anna toad, anna burrfrog,” He boasted proudly.
Messages In This Thread
RE: If I only had a rowboat I’d row us up to heaven - by RIP Bronco - August 05, 2019, 01:03 AM