Blackfeather Woods i've had that dream a thousand times
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Random Event 
meant to be quick and to the point -- those tagged feel free to post once, or else I'll just archive in a week! hope mild PP is fine. set September 2

She gathered her remaining children, made plans. If Sobek had vanished, where could he have gone? The close-by mountains were inviting enough, enticingly huge and vast and wild. The adventurous boy could have been swayed by them. . .and remembering her own experiences there, this frightened Maegi to no end.

@Anansi and @Sakhmet were coming along. That was good. She wouldn't have to spend the trip worrying about them back home, even though it meant more mental energy spent looking out for them on the road. Still, she thought it would do them good to see more of the world. The space beyond the forest, big and bright.

She summoned @Tundra and @Jakoul with a howl, then began to speak almost immediately upon their arrival. I'm leaving to look for Sobek, Maegi explained, voice grave. Her eyes danced between the two of them as she explained. Anansi and Sakhmet will be with me. I promise I won't be gone for long, just. . .

Just what? What was the point where she gave up? When would that time come? She knew it not, and she feared it greatly.

I'll return as soon as I can, she vowed, a deep frown etched across her face. With or without Sobek. She'd have to. She had two other children to rear, and she had a duty to this forest. A responsibility.

Sobek would be fine. . .right? He'd be fine, like Euron was fine, like Rams was fine, like Mou was fine. . .

Take care, Maegi murmured to the remaining leadership duo, giving them a solemn nod. She turned to her children, then, striving for some semblance of confidence and determination across her countenance. Ready to go?

Because she sure wasn't.
THIS WHOLE WORLD IS ENDING, A NEW ONE BEGINS
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
She could not understand what a mother must feel when a child went missing. It pained her to know that whatever the somber feeling must be, Maegi had to go through it. As much as she wished to offer to go in Nona's place she would not speak it. This was her decision to make and had she wished for another to go look surely she would have ordered it.

Safe. She whispered softly as the trio of Melonii would head out on their mission. It was all she could wish for them as they departed from the woods into the world that laid beyond it.

Only when she could no longer see their figures would she turn to roam back to her usual Morta duties.