Spotted Eagle Mountain If only I'd have known you had a storm to weather
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
All Welcome 
Hunger ravaged Wylla in more than one form, driving her restlessly out of Diaspora's claim and up toward the crown of an adjacent mountain. It was only a matter of time before the season sunk its claws in her—already her mind was wandering to places it shouldn't wander, especially while she was out here on her own—but she reasoned that that was all the more reason to get out while she could. Soon she would be unable to wander from the pack's claim without attracting unwanted attention, so this was her last chance for a few days to stretch her legs.

Besides, being so high-strung at home would only invite Takiyok's ire, and she wasn't positive she could keep from doing something rash in her current mood. Better for them all. So off Wylla went, following the faint but recent scent of a coyote up the mountain in hopes of finding some kind of food to take the edge off all the other feelings.
no point in living, if you can't feel alive
9 Posts
Ooc — Jeanelle

This was her first winter on her own, and her solitude was not by voluntarily choice either. She had presumably lost her entire family along with her childhood friends in a wildfire that abruptly occurred before the first snow fall a few weeks prior outside of this lush and lively place. Of course, the entire ordeal made her manically depressed; the black she-wolf didn’t know if anyone had survived and even if they did, how would they know to look for her here? She had only stumbled across this place by accident, so the likelihood of her comrades doing the exact same thing was slim pickings, if best. 
Chumani had been tracking a faint scent of a hare for a couple of hours now. She was hungry like the rest of these dwellers seemed to be; however, she differed herself from the rest, she was getting slightly irritable because of the loud grumbling noises that her stomach made and the deep, hoarse coughs that escaped out of larynx every so often. All of the natural and organic herbal remedies that she knew about that would have suppressed her coughing were buried under the snow that covered the landscape. Being a youngster that just celebrated her first birthday a few days ago, she was unfit to know how to gather those special herbs while it was buried under the white blanket. Her ears were laying flat on top of her skull, tail flowing gently behind her as the chilling breeze forcibly pulled it around and all the while, her dull green eyes danced around. 
While the hares’ tracks were already being covered by the fresh falling snow, the scent... although, faint as it was, still lingered. That was enough to urge the Storjford daughter onward! Her toes were spread evenly apart as her agile and lanky limbs were lifted— only to creating a crunching sound the moment that they managed to find the fresh snow on the ground, as her snout was shoved close to the ground, tracking the hare as best as she possibly could. 
It took her only a few minutes to catch the unfamiliar scent of another she-wolf as it coated the membrane of her nostrils and within a millisecond later, her dull colored eyes noticed the tracks that were left, heading in a perpendicular direction than Chumani had originally been traveling in. At first, the black she-wolf contemplated on what to do next; should Chumani follow her fellow wolf? Perhaps, they’d be willing to team up with her to find some food. Then again, the Storjford daughter knew how irritable she was getting because her success rate of finding prey and consuming it was very slim pickings— if that; so, how would another individual that was hungry react to her; a complete stranger asking for aid. 
But, her hunger and the growling pains in her stomach outweighed the risk and Chumani pivoted her body to turn in the direction that the other she-wolf was heading, snout lifting as her ears flowed back against her skull. “— Excuse me,” Chumani called out, hoping to grab the others attention before they got completely out of view as she trotted carefully toward them to catch up and enclose the distance that separated them. 

2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
Would you mind maybe making your font a bit larger for this thread? I'm having a hard time reading it at that size. ^^;

Unfortunately for Chumani, even a well-fed Wylla was a handful to deal with, let alone a hungry and irritable one. The going was slow for her as she stalked the coyote's scent in a winding trail up the mountainside, which gave the loner plenty of time to catch up to her, but that was a decision Chumani was likely about to regret. Chasing the hare would've been a more fruitful endeavour for her.

Excuse me, said the wind, prompting Wylla to turn her head with a confused frown, and that was when she spotted her would-be companion. It was impossible not to spot her; Chumani was black as black could be, which against a winter backdrop, made her coat something of an eyesore. Wylla's was dark, too, but brushed with silver and white to help her blend a little better with her surroundings. Comparatively, Chumani was easily seen, particularly because she was larger than Wylla.

What? the Tessarius responded with a testy snap. Kinda busy here.
no point in living, if you can't feel alive
9 Posts
Ooc — Jeanelle
No problem at all C; I apologize for this brat in advance.  

The moment that Chumani had noticed Wylla stop, the black Storjford had began slow her pace down to an easy-going trot, enclosing the distance in-between the two girls before abruptly stopping a few feet away altogether when the female responded back with an unwelcoming tone. This made her body shift into a defensive posture; eyeing the female carefully, ears flowing against the top of her head as her tail flicked behind her rump a few times before falling limp. At her age, Chumani couldn’t quite understand why this female was getting testy with her— what did she do wrong? In her eyes: nothing; the black she-wolf had done nothing to deserve such treatment ( even though, she had unknowingly disturbed the hunt for Wylla ). 
Her upper lip was forcibly dragged upward in distaste, eyeing the female before her dull green eyes were shut for a brief moment; snorting, allowing the chill of the air around her to be blown through her nostrils in a visible, thick cloud ( like a raging bull ), showing off her bratty attitude. “Clearly, you woke up on the wrong side of the cave,” the Storjford daughter tested back with the snap of her own jaws. “By the look of it—your tracking is going just as well as my hunts have been: unsuccessful. I was going to propose that we team up; maybe, we’d have a better shot of getting a meal if we worked together.”

2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
Wylla's an asshole too, so I get it!

Chumani had a fire to her. If Wylla was a man, she might've appreciated that spark, but she was a woman on the cusp of her heat who didn't play nice with eyes. Her yellow gaze grew flinty and her tail lashed impatiently behind her. By the time Chumani was done, Wylla was not only irritated, but dumbfounded.

First of all, she pointed out, I'm following a scent trail. The scent trail exists, so I'm hardly unsuccessful. Are you really so retarded you don't know how tracking works? It was a harsh and unkind thing to say, but Wylla often felt like she was surrounded by idiots. Chumani did little to dispel the feeling. Just because she hadn't found the coyote yet didn't mean she wouldn't.

And second of all, if you had any hope in hell of securing my assistance, you've blown it with your big fat mouth. This was delivered on the clipped end of a growl as she turned away, dismissing Chumani with a sweep of her tail. She didn't even look back over her shoulder to call out, you might wanna check your bitch-ass attitude while you're alone. Wouldn't want you getting into major shit without a pack to help you, if you know what's good for you. As for Wylla, she wouldn't be wasting her time with helping Chumani at all.