Sun Mote Copse Today's the first day of the rest of your life
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen arched an eyebrow, when Arcturus mentioned finding something permanent, but he did not elaborate on the subject and she did not yet dare to hope (or instill a notion in him) that he would (or that he should) stay here with her and never leave. That was selfish, especially since her friend had just ended a serious relationship, where selfishness and immense pride had been one of the chief components. 

"You do not owe me anything, Arthur," Wraen told him levelly and it was clear that she meant it. Again - with him offering do do anything for her - it was tempting to use it right away. She could not be sure, but Towhee in her place would have handed him a list of jobs to do right away. "You have your freedom - you can stay here, if you so wish, and you can leave at any point. I won't hold it against you and no one else here will," she explained.

"You will probably need more time to think things through and, if honest work is something that can help you along the way," she paused, "then you can aid Bronco and Figment in mercenary duties, while Niamh and Towhee are caring for their little children. Both are young and eager and they would benefit from someone with a different background training them."

"But that is your call, Arthur,"
 Wraen finished and looked at Arcturus expectantly, waiting to hear his answer.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Today's the first day of the rest of your life - by Wraen - April 10, 2020, 03:27 PM