Sun Mote Copse Today's the first day of the rest of your life
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Don't be afraid, we do not worship blood-thirsty gods and sacrifice virgins to them on ful-moon," Wraen teased Arcturus a bit, because seeing him so solemn, when she just wanted to explain the rank system of the Firebirds. But - perhaps - it was good that he took matters seriously and had not made any assumptions regarding his position here. 

"All in all we try to be very democratic about things here - it means that every voice counts and is taken in consideration," she began. "I and Towhee share the leadership ranks - Sovereign and Regent. If I am absent or I am unable to fulfill my duties, she is there to fill in the role for me. We have "Honoree" ranks, reserved to long-term members, who are in charge regarding certain branches of the work that needs to be done. 

For instance, Niamh is our Sargeant-at-Arms - she is the authority of all existing and would-be mercenaries. Even you, if you decide to continue pursuing this path. Eljay is the resident expert in caregiving and healing. And then follows "Entourage", which consist of Tradesmen or people, who have a trade or are in the process of acquairing it. Young wolves and those undecided of their path in life belong to "Assembly". 

There is subordination, when it comes to the big groups: leaders first, then Honorees, then Entourage and then Assembly and puppies, however within their respective groups every wolf is an equal,"
she finished her brief tour in the convoluted system of Firebirds' ranks. "We value hard work, determination and good comradeship. Higher positions are earned not fought for. I believe that ascending to power is a lot more rewarding, if it comes with the support, trust and respect of other members of the pack."

She gave time for Arcturus to process all of the information she had given and then asked: "Is this something you can live with? 'cause we do not consider traitors those, who sooner or later decide to seek a place, where the grass is greener and sky is bluer."
Messages In This Thread
RE: Today's the first day of the rest of your life - by Wraen - April 16, 2020, 02:33 PM