Sawtooth Spire tip of the iceberg
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
All Welcome 
looking for a wild @Mahler but aw! set to be in mid-morning with a cool overcast

praimfaya seemed relatively shorter on words, but that did not bother the mountain woman. she was simply happy to see another face. however, her search today was not for the new ones but instead the old ones. specifically, she hoped to see the glance of amethyst in her diamond eyes. eversince the new brood was born, gracious wanted to see how the father was doing (unaware that there was another litter he had sired to as well).

her nose was quickly put to work, searching for the scent of the gargoyle. the clouds had invaded the sky, blocking the sun's radiance on his throne. his rays were gone, only to break through the partial holes not covered by the vast sheet of grey and white. it was cool this morning due to the overcast, gracious was glad she had all this fur, even in the summer it could get "chilly" for her. it was nice to see less snow and instead more green.
[Image: source.gif]
Gracious is currently traveling with Oceane; she is allowed to join all threads Gracious is in unless they are marked private 
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
Instead, you get a drama! Tags are just for reference.

Sometime between bed time the night before and dawn, @Thade awoke and padded off into the trees, and never returned.

Wylla, being a heavy sleeper, didn't wake until several hours later, when the sun was just beginning to rise over the mountains. @Phaedra was tucked in a ball between the cradling roots of a sturdy cottonwood and @Astraeus was sprawled out not far away, although admittedly, she'd paid much less attention to the boy since their arrival at the rendezvous. Thade, however, was nowhere to be found. Normally this wouldn't have alarmed Wylla, but the feeling that something was wrong settled into her stomach like a lead weight. She pushed herself to her paws, checked on her daughter and Sagtannet's ward once more, and set off into the surrounding forest.

She was lucky enough to find Thade's trail and follow it some distance, only for it to abruptly end. She spent the next half hour combing the clearing, seeking any hints as to where her boy had gone from there, and found nothing. It was like he'd simply flown away, or been picked up and carried away. She furiously sniffed about for unfamiliar scents, but although she thought she uncovered a few new smells, none of them were particularly alarming.

Wylla broke out of the trees and loosed a frantic howl, a homing beacon to call her son home from wherever he'd gone, and then began a wild charge through the heart of their territory. She stumbled upon Gracious quite by accident, but was very glad when she did. The larger woman appeared to be looking for something, but the little Eisen thought nothing of it when she barged into Gracious' line of sight with a panicked expression and asked, have you seen my son anywhere?!

No context, no description, no nothing; Wylla, in her haste, took for granted that Gracious would know who she was asking about.
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
lmao poor wylla sounds like merlin from finding nemo

it was a quiet start.

was.

the small eisen was incredibly shaken up, her jittered and panicked question shoving its way into gracious' ears. the behemoth woman looked dumbfounded for only a moment but soon shook her head vigoursly and clearly. gracious didn't exactly know what size the child was meant to be and who she was exactly on the look out for besides a male.

"woah woah, slow down a minute!" the snowdrift female exclaimed, feeling her weight shift back in the sudden injection of a conversation. "i haven't seen anyone today except for you," she started off as she drew closer to wylla, "i'm sure your son can't be too far away. panicking won't help you in this situation. breathe. we're going to find him." 

reassurance could only go so far with a mother. gracious knew telling others to calm down sometimes did the opposite. however, she would have to remain strong in this belief, wylla tearing through the mountain would only cause stones to be left unturned in a flurry of worrisome emotions. gracious would need to try her best to keep this woman steady, even if it means getting snapped at.
[Image: source.gif]
Gracious is currently traveling with Oceane; she is allowed to join all threads Gracious is in unless they are marked private 
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
I'm so sorry for the wait on this! I'm also sorry for the abrupt ending, Wylla doesn't panic well and I don't want to hold up a thread on you any longer. I'd love a newer one sometime, hopefully once I wrestle my inspiration under control!

Gracious had all the best intentions, and if Wylla wasn't such a wildfire contained in the body of a wolf, maybe she would've done as the older wolf said. Maybe she would've taken a moment to breathe and arrange her thoughts into some semblance of logic. But when Wylla was upset about something, she was as unstoppable as any hurricane, and her anger whirled to life with the ferocity of one.

Don't tell me to slow down! snapped Wylla, turning frantically away from Gracious. The woman was right, but Wylla didn't want to hear reason and reassurance right now. She wanted to hear that her son was spotted down by the creek, or in the trees, or traversing the ridges that ringed the valley. She made the hasty assumption that Gracious hadn't seen Thade, and with that, she was off in a flurry.

Wylla wasn't good at compartmentalizing her feelings—she was the embodiment of the flurry of worrisome emotions that Gracious sought to prevent—and so she left without even remembering to ask if Gracious knew what her son looked like.