Moonspear And the chickens how they rattle chicken chains
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
It seemed that on the island where Kukutux was from, the parents had a good deal of say in who their children were paired up with. He supposed that it wouldn't be a terrible idea- the thought of having someone else do all the work, and choose someone suitable for him was an alluring thought- until he factored in the fact that Niamh would be the one doing the choosing. And he suspected she would likely choose someone just like her- frighteningly beautiful, but terrifyingly sinister. Another warrior, another killer, just like her. It seemed like at least in Kukutux's homelands, the young couple were permitted to reject their pairings should they not get along, but somehow he didn't expect that his mother would have ever given him that freedom, if this had been a custom in the Firebirds. 

"Hmm." He said. "Yeah, I mean...As long as whoever does the choosing does a good job of it, I imagine it'd be easier, hey?" He asked. Again, the yearling held in question his mother's parenting strategies, and was relieved that he wouldn't have to face marrying someone that she chose for him. 

She seemed quite keen on talking about healing strategies, though- and Bronco was quite interested in the fact that bones- these invisible branches holding his large body upright- could be mended if they'd been broken. He'd seen the bones of prey animals, and the bones of skeletons- but in his experience, once a bone or a branch broke, it was broken for good. According to the snowbird, though, they could be mended- so long as they did not come out through the skin. Bronco's ears flew back, dne corners of his mouth jerked downward and his eyes widened as he pictured that as a mental image. Not bones sticking out of the corpse of a prey animal, but bones sticking out of a still-living wolf- that shocked him and made him have a sinking feeling in his clenched guts. 

A question was posed, and Bronco swallowed hard. He was fairly squeamish- and while he didn't mind the aspect of delivering medications and doing what he could to keep an injured wolf fed and tended to, he did not want to see broken, splintering bones sticking up out of someone's body. "Uhm, uh-" He said, and swallowed hard again. "I think, uhm, I might be a bit, uh, I have a sort of...Weak stomach, see," He said, with a guilty laugh, and a shrug of one dark shoulder. "But I am glad we have someone like you here, who can do those things."
Messages In This Thread
RE: And the chickens how they rattle chicken chains - by RIP Bronco - September 06, 2020, 03:42 PM