Big Salmon Lake And through the night, so it seems I'm not breathing
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
There was no mistaking her hesitation, and she seemed to put up a wall the moment he offered to help warm her up. It surprised him, and he wondered first if he'd said something wrong, as it seemed perfectly normal to him to want to step in and help a stranger out, especially when they'd just cooperated on a successful hunt. It wasn't like he was going to steal her goose or anything like that- but a moment later, under her wary gaze when she took only one step toward him and stopped short- he realized something. He shouldn't have expected her to see things the way he saw them because he knew himself- and while he knew himself to be nothing but kind, she didn't necessarily know that. She'd been willing to cooperate with him on a hunt, but that hadn't entailed any amount of physical proximity, wherein she could potentially put herself in danger by getting too close to this stranger. 

He didn't feel it would be terribly helpful to invalidate her fears, though he wanted very much to assure her that she'd never have anything to worry about with him. She likely had her own reasons for not wanting to come closer...And he didn't want to push her boundaries if she wasn't comfortable. So he lowered his head and took a small step in her direction, before he turned in a circle twice, and flopped to the ground, the goose settled between his forepaws. "You do you" He said with kind sincerity, thumping his tail against the ground so she didn't think he was being dismissive. She could join him at his side if she chose to- or she could simply stay where she was and eat her own meal, but he was going to let her make that choice. "Oh- I'm Bronco, by the way, I guess we never really introduced ourselves, heh," He said.
Messages In This Thread
RE: And through the night, so it seems I'm not breathing - by RIP Bronco - October 09, 2020, 11:41 AM