Broken Antler Fen You're just like an angel
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen felt a little bad, realizing that her inquiry had sounded more like an attack than an invitation for a constructive discussion. She had to remind herself of the oath she had taken recently - not to meddle in other people's personal views. Therefore, if she was to open her maw again and speak about the matter, she had to do it correctly. Instead of "if I were you" or "I suggest you" or anything else voice her opinion so that it left Toad a choice to either accept it or decline it. 

"Well, my preferences might not match, what you are looking for yourself," she replied. "So, I usually start by looking back at all of friends and people I have met in the past and make a list of qualities that I like and that I cannot stand at all," she said. "The second step - is a lot harder - list all the negative qualities that you can manage in the other person and would be fine living with," what she kept to herself was that it was nearly impossible to do, if you had very little experience in relationships in general. 

The third step - which she had not mentioned yet - was, knowing or finding, which qualities in the other person kept you going, kept you motivated. And she could say confidently now that with being a very head-strong, independent person herself she benefitted greatly from having Arcturus around. She would have been bored by a man, who agreed to everything she said and ate readily everything she poured down their throats. Eljay had taught her that her patience had limits, when it came to very low self-esteem.

Arthur's character on the other hand had a flint-like quality. He had his own mind, he had his own opinion and he kept Wraen from becoming over-bearing and too bossy. He was able to remind her that she was not always right in such a manner that it opened her a door to other options and possibilities she might have been uknowingly blind to. What was most imporant - he had relieved her from the self-assumed responsibility of making decisions for other people. They were perfectly capable of doing it themselves.
Messages In This Thread
You're just like an angel - by Wraen - November 24, 2020, 02:45 PM
RE: You're just like an angel - by RIP Toad Amelia - November 25, 2020, 01:37 AM
RE: You're just like an angel - by Wraen - November 25, 2020, 03:05 PM
RE: You're just like an angel - by RIP Toad Amelia - November 25, 2020, 08:38 PM
RE: You're just like an angel - by Wraen - November 26, 2020, 03:33 PM
RE: You're just like an angel - by RIP Toad Amelia - November 26, 2020, 10:22 PM
RE: You're just like an angel - by Wraen - November 28, 2020, 12:21 PM
RE: You're just like an angel - by RIP Toad Amelia - December 04, 2020, 02:04 AM
RE: You're just like an angel - by Wraen - December 05, 2020, 03:01 PM
RE: You're just like an angel - by RIP Toad Amelia - December 05, 2020, 07:49 PM
RE: You're just like an angel - by Wraen - December 07, 2020, 02:34 PM
RE: You're just like an angel - by RIP Toad Amelia - December 07, 2020, 10:22 PM
RE: You're just like an angel - by Wraen - December 08, 2020, 11:45 AM
RE: You're just like an angel - by RIP Toad Amelia - December 08, 2020, 11:11 PM
RE: You're just like an angel - by Wraen - December 12, 2020, 03:50 PM
RE: You're just like an angel - by RIP Toad Amelia - December 13, 2020, 03:34 AM
RE: You're just like an angel - by Wraen - December 15, 2020, 02:58 PM
RE: You're just like an angel - by RIP Toad Amelia - December 23, 2020, 02:50 AM
RE: You're just like an angel - by Wraen - December 26, 2020, 12:53 PM
RE: You're just like an angel - by RIP Toad Amelia - January 16, 2021, 03:33 AM
RE: You're just like an angel - by Wraen - January 16, 2021, 02:43 PM
RE: You're just like an angel - by RIP Toad Amelia - February 16, 2021, 02:49 AM