Broken Antler Fen She hangs her head and cries on my shirt
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
When all potential arguments are played in mind's eye, they are epic - with a dramatic music in the background, emotional speech that digs the other party in the ground, makes them regret their wrong-doing and then you exit the situation feeling victorious. Beautiful fantasy, but hardly ever true in the real life (if at all). The longer Wraen watched Bronco, the more she realized that she did not wish to return, where they had left off, did not want to blame him for, what had happened. And yet make him somehow see that the reason she felt sad and reluctant to mend things was not so much about the ugly words he had said to her, but how very off the timing had been. That not only had he shown no interest in her comings and goings, he had abandoned her, when she had been the most vulnerable. Sick, exhausted, emotionally shaken - she had been an easy target for anyone out there.

She understood that all people, her included, are selfish and blind in their grief and pain, moreso in anger, but she had expected more from her friend. The moment he had caught a glimpse of Wraen not being that always good and supportive Fairy Godmother-type that he had conjured up in is imagination, but simply a wolf just like everyone else, who does the best she can, and fails just as often as the next person, who is neither invincible, nor always right - he had got annoyed and repulsed. That's, where the seed of disappointment had found a good ground to spread its roots and grow. He liked to argue that Wraen was no hag and yet, what he did not realize, was that unlike fairies and angels hags lived the life they had, took it for, what it was, could do good, but did not shy away from the fact that they may be bad as well. They owned, who they were, they were bluntly honest. 

She wanted to tell him all of this, but the setting was not appropriate. She had considered sending Maia away, but then decided that she should stay. "Quite," she replied, then looked at her sister. "Let's not keep an old friend on the borders, let's show him around," she suggested, stepping aside to formally allow the fellow to trespass.
Messages In This Thread
She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by RIP Bronco - December 22, 2020, 09:26 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Maia - December 22, 2020, 09:43 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by RIP Bronco - December 22, 2020, 11:25 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Maia - December 22, 2020, 11:51 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - December 26, 2020, 04:14 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by RIP Bronco - December 30, 2020, 03:57 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Maia - December 31, 2020, 12:42 AM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 01, 2021, 04:00 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Maia - January 03, 2021, 10:57 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 10, 2021, 11:07 AM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Maia - January 10, 2021, 03:48 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 10, 2021, 04:23 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 12, 2021, 10:21 AM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 13, 2021, 04:16 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 14, 2021, 05:35 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 19, 2021, 04:17 PM