Request  Streamline Age fields
5 Posts
Ooc — Fira/Harvest
Hello, I was told to put this here by Melee! I want to suggest that the Age category (not the birthdate, just the age) in the profiles be a drop-down menu of numbers from 0 to whatever the oldest age is that your wolf can be. The reason I want to implement this is because when people add any letters to the age category (like if someone puts their character's age as "1 year, 7 months" or something), it messes with the site's ability to categorize the character into the proper age in the stats or whatever. This problem could be prevented by simply adding a drop-down menu of possible ages, instead, as opposed to allowing people to type in the age.

EDIT: credit to the idea of a drop-down menu goes to Mutton.
Slow posting. Skip me in group threads after 48 hours.
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
I wanna piggyback off that idea to suggest dropdown birthdates, which could be used to code ages to auto-calculate from the birthdate and automatically update, which would be even cooler. Some sites do and have done that in the past (example: Relic Lore did) and it's so handy to not have to worry about updating a character's age.

Might be harder to implement, but I think it'd be amazingly helpful, especially for pack stats when pups age up to adult.
415 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Historian
(August 02, 2020, 04:30 PM)Wylla Wrote: I wanna piggyback off that idea to suggest dropdown birthdates, which could be used to code ages to auto-calculate from the birthdate and automatically update, which would be even cooler. Some sites do and have done that in the past (example: Relic Lore did) and it's so handy to not have to worry about updating a character's age.

Might be harder to implement, but I think it'd be amazingly helpful, especially for pack stats when pups age up to adult.

I second this!