Bramblepoint I'll follow you way down to your deepest low.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
He nodded, though there was still sadness in his eyes. -"I know."- He said. It had taken him his whole life to forgive himself and relieve himself of the blame he thought he deserved for Colt's death, and every now and again he regretted having been such a handful at a kid...But at a certain point, he had to forgive himself, as there was no way anyone could have known that someone would attack Colt. He couldn't have unrealistic expectations for any child to behave perfectly, either. 

She sounded pretty desperate to get away from everything that was bothering her. She'd tried to literally get away, and run to Moonglow with the potential, he thought, to simply stay there. It wasn't like Towhee to simply abandon anything that she cared about, but it sounded as though when Reyes had been kicked out, she'd lost what little she'd had left to keep her rooted there. He assumed, then, that her relationship with what few remaining Caldera wolves was either fairly informal, or had been shaken pretty bad. 

-"Have you talked to Niamh at all, since?"- He asked. He didn't want to give his mother much credit- but if there was anything he'd learned, about how to fix things after a fight, it was that having an open, calm conversation could go a very long way. -"You guys used to be like...A unit, right?"- He said. While it'd been easy for him at first to demonize his mother and assume that she'd been in the wrong throughout the entire dispute, something about this Reyes seemed off too. He knew his mother could be horrible- but at least he knew her. -"I mean...She broke up with my Dad an' kicked him outa the pack once 'cause he was sympathizing with someone you hated,"- He said. -"She said you guys went on a massive hunt trying to track down...A bad guy. An' that she lost one of her teeth pulling you up from a cliff,"- The more he thought about the stories he'd heard of Towhee and Niamh, the more he felt like he was sympathizing with his mother, which felt wrong. He sighed, and shrugged. -"Maybe you guys just need to talk. She's a dick, but...I'm pretty sure she cares almost as much about you as she does about herself, so...That's gotta count for something. And I don't know the guy, an' I don't wanna get the wrong idea about him but like...Breaking a pregnant wolf's leg, Towhee, I just...That just gives me the creeps."-
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'll follow you way down to your deepest low. - by RIP Bronco - March 15, 2021, 04:39 PM