Ouroboros Spine The alchemy was inelegant, though
6 / 2 THREADS
506 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tactician
Joining 
For seven days and nights, Aventus traveled the flatlands. Always, he kept the squat ring of mountains in sight, but ranged as far from Ursus as he dared. For five days, he ate nothing and drank only what he required. The end result was a haggard and unrecognizable version of himself traipsing to Moonglow's border, with nothing upon his being to mark him as Bruin-jaw of Ursus.

Night was falling by the time he made the borders. He could go a lot longer without food, but Aventus felt almost as weak as he looked. A pampered life as bear prince, murderous upbringing aside, had done him few favours. That was good, though. Aventus would look every bit the ragged traveler in need of a home.

His howl wavered soft in the chill air, calling attention to his location, with no hint of demand. Time to put his lifelong training to the test.
179 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Ay!! That pathetic sound come from you, or did you happen to catch some dinner on the way in? Zane cracked a laugh as he approached the stranger, rolling up with an ease that belied normal border protocol. He'd never been much for shitting on travelers, especially since he'd been shit on more times than he could count.

Kiddin with you. Imagine Duchess or her mini will be by soon, but until then, name's Zane. What're you lookin for, showin up on Moonglow's doorstep? Guy didn't seem like much, little scrawny, though he was taller than Zane. Who knew though? Duchess seemed to be on a stray-collecting kick lately between all the kids she'd picked up off the ground. Maybe his sorry state would do him favors.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
995 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
A weakened howl sang out over the short mountains of their home, echoing and bouncing around through the territory within. Aiolos made way, having left Kukutux side to do his guarding rounds. He knew that when he was gone, Sialuk would not stray far from her mother. Their First Hunter had returned, likely glued to the side of Lote. Aiolos had kept his distance out of respect now that the father had returned. Moonglow was strong, stronger then Yuelong had been for quite some time before it disbanded.

Now, maybe, they would have one other.

When Aiolos arrived to the border call, Zane had already arrived, someone he did not see often minding the border but was happy for it none the less. The red wolf catches the tail end of what Zane had said so Aiolos joins quietly, dipping his head to the stranger at their doorstep and waiting for his response before speaking up himself.
moonglow daddy
6 / 2 THREADS
506 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tactician
In the interim, Aventus thought. By the time the first sentry arrived, he had hastily constructed the entire story of his life. He was tempted at first to take the name of Ursus' weakest member, but it was too dangerous to borrow the name of any of his pack. Even Ashlar, whom Aventus had lost all hope in.

The sentry's affable manner was ... Interesting, to say the least. Having been raised among wolves who likely did not know a joke from a threat, he found himself off guard. Zane's manner was entirely disarming, but Aventus reminded himself that he was supposed to be a weary traveler. Taking himself too seriously might blow the whole operation. So, after a noticeable delay that he hoped would be taken for exhaustion, he grinned back.

Duchess must be the name of the leader. Moonglow was clearly the name of the pack. Strange name, thought Aventus. Perhaps they worshipped the moon. Hail, Zane, he answered, in his smoothest approximation of Ashlar's soft voice. Minus the stuttering, of course. He could not take the bard's name, but his gentle personality, now that might earn a tick or two on Moonglow's trust meter.

I have been traveling for some time, and not found so splendid a place, Aventus went on, just as a red-furred regal wolf arrived. Not Duchess, surely, or her mini? The boy's silver eyes lingered on Aiolos a moment, then turned back to Zane. He smiled widely. My paws and belly can't take much more, you see. I am hoping to settle for a time before the snows arrive. Moonglow? What a lovely name. I am Arctos. Arctos Melonii. Best not to lie too much. It would be easier to keep up the charade. No one of Ursus would know him as a Melonii in truth, so this felt safe enough. He would not even know it, if not for Averna being able to speak where Astara could not.

For good measure, Aventus bowed his head low and swept his tail away under his legs. It felt a little foolish, but it also felt natural, in a way, to slip into the skin of someone else entirely. I don't suppose you might have need of a wandering historian and hunter, in exchange for company and board?
179 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Well, this kid was friendly enough, if a little pansy-like. Way he spoke, Duchess and her kid would probably eat this guy right up. Fuck, more of them wandering around? Zane'd have to cuss at the fucking clouds because soon there'd be no one left who even knew what the fuckin words meant.

Yeah, right. he said, snickering at the glowing compliments towards Moonglow. Holy shit. Sorry, champ, that ain't my decision. But here's a man what can give the word. Real head honcho. He grinned, passing the buck to Aiolos with a smooth nod.

He'd interject, probably, if they gave him space to. But for now he really didn't have much reason to pay too close of attention. Doubtless duchess's new man-candy could get the job done. Couldn't imagine her pickin a dude that didn't, he thought with a lewd snicker.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
995 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Silvered eyes cut to Aiolos briefly and then back to Zane where he began an explanation. He was a hungry wolf, another traveler having dispursed from wherever and now sought to settle into a pack before winter. Moonglow seemed a good enough place. It was the most common and truthful reason anyone could really expect.

After Zane's slew of words and the head honcho comment, Aiolos chuckles and shakes his head as he takes the floor now. Well Arctos, He spoke as he moved his firey attention from Zane to the yearling. You don't give us any reason not to accept you in. Good hunters are always welcome and a few of us here are quite interested in the histories and tales of others... Including Kukutux herself, who was also quite the story-weaver. I'm Aiolos, Siqiniq of this land.

We've new pups in our pack. Though he wouldn't go to say how many exactly. Therefore as a new member I would keep safe distance from the den sites. I'm sure Zane wouldn't mind showing you around where all would be acceptable for you to go? And where likely not to go would be included. Aiolos was certain there wouldn't be a problem with this restriction, as even longer term members such as Zane himself did not encroach the pup's den area.
moonglow daddy
6 / 2 THREADS
506 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tactician
It was difficult to shed the rigid manner he carried himself in Ursus, but he managed to loosen his muscles and coax up a genuine wag of his tail by remembering the times he had frolicked and laughed with his mother, before the sickness. He dipped his head low in thanks for Aiolos' acceptance.

They used strange words that had no meaning to Aventus, but as part of his reconnaissance efforts here, he would try to learn some. Thank you, Siqiniq. I will do as you say. One day I hope I can earn your trust enough that I might share some stories with the pups. Until then, his mission was only to gather information. It would be useful to report the number and health of the pack's pups to his father, but he could get by without that.

That left only a tour. Arctos swung his silver gaze back to Zane and gave him a warm smile. This one is smarter than he lets on. Despite seeming indifferent, Aventus got the sense that Zane would see right through his sugary facade if he laid it on any thicker. He made a mental note to cut back a little while in this man's presence. Lead the way! he said, and fell in respectfully behind Zane to see the sights of Moonglow and learn his permissible range within the territory.