Qeya River strings
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
Private 
not me demanding more husband time...get to this at your own leisure, i know we have something else with them going right now <3

Ever since his return, she was bound to him.

A more serious tinted air had graced her in these last few weeks. A fierceness to her eyes constantly. It was obvious she was no longer some shattered little girl on a plateau, banking on wishes and dreams. It almost felt cliche, she thought, to think of herself as some grand woman now that she was wedded and her form curved in a new way.

But it was the truth, wasn't it?

So with pelt on her shoulders and a head full of thoughts, she strode towards @Kigipigak 's side. Seeking to greet him with a warm sound in her throat.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,184 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
They were together more often than not. He was loathe to leave her; but she must eat, now more than ever. The poor tidings of winter would soon give way to a spring that he hoped would feed them both -- beyond that, feed those that were yet unborn. Kigipigak felt the pressure of his role all the more, these days.

She came to him with a song in her throat. It was a bestial sound that would have drawn him in to a private embrace, or a lustful one, any other time. Kigipigak was careful now. He almost did not want to touch her in case some mishandling might cause her some pain.

He missed how close they could be; the love they could share in lengthy nights of close contact, exploring one-another.
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
She could not help herself from peppering him in kisses, when she had drawn near enough.

She had expected to come to him with words and to pick his brain on their tangled situation. Instead she found the comfort she so deeply yearned for from him constantly.

I am glad you came back whole, She breathed against the pales of his fur.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,184 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Winter was on its way out, and soon spring would be upon them. Kigipigak wondered if their children would be born soon -- he did not understand the time it took for them to brew, or when to expect their lives to change again.

Yes, well, there was no threat to us. He murmured back to her; it was true that the raiders had gone to Rivenwood, pilfered what they'd desired, and left the place promptly. Kigipigak had looked for them but found nothing but traces of blood upon their trail.

He drew a breath and smiled. I am glad you are well. We are fortunate for the village and their care. I wonder -- he did not want to voice this thought aloud, but maybe they shared some similar thoughts and Kigipigak needed to know: --if maybe we would be safer, and our future more certain, if we were to settle somewhere else.

Kigipigak knew what he would choose - between Sakhmet's advancement towards motherhood and Duskfire soon to depart, there was only one other option on his mind.

Rivenwood.
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
Kigipigak had a special way about him.

Her thoughts plucked by his own lips, before she had even spoken to him! It only furthered her adoration for him. So there is no sudden jarring look or harshness in her features, only understanding.

I thought the same. Although her voice remained soft with him, there was still a confidence beneath it. More certain of herself when she was with him.

I...have not thought of where, just yet, but I think if we are going to do so it should be soon. Before I bloat anymore. Laughter, songbird like. An easy way to address the elephant in the room.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,184 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
They were on the same page, seemingly always. It was good to know she had been thinking of their future - but also, it was so obvious! Of course she would think of this too, as she carried their future within herself. A whole world in her womb.

I do not think we can go with Duskfire if they leave, he remarks quickly, and finds he cannot look at the roundness of Sakhmet's sides just yet. She speaks of her growth; he is smiling and holding her close, and doesn't know what he feels in that moment. He buries whatever it is.

Rivenwood would be my choice. Mahler is strong; I know that they were threatened by the raiders, but... He is a friend. I could help him keep his land safe in exchange. It was always about a barter. What was gained, what was given. Their family could prosper there given the chance.

He did not yet know how the attack had changed Rivenwood; all that Mahler might think now, as he and his people recovered. Kigipigak was focused on protecting Sakhmet above all and he trusted he could do that within the bypass.
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
They are not to go with the duskfire village.

Instead he mentioned a Rivenwood.

He spoke with fondness — and certainly he must have been fond to go help them in their time of need — but there was a small pit of worry in her chest. Kigipigak could earn a place with ease. What of her? With swollen sides and an increased need for food. She would practically cancel out any work her husband did.

And what will this Mahler make of me? I do not know how long this will last, how round I will get,

A brief hitch in her voice.

If they will want...children not of their own there.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,184 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
She had questions. They flew from her - considerations taht Kigipigak had put aside until they were voiced.

Mahler had once given Kigipigak the chance to start a life, lay down roots. He had given that up and roamed; would the man be agreeable to the same deal now, given what had been taken from them and what Sakhmet carried inside herself?

It felt wrong, suddenly. Wrong to choose the bypass. They could not choose the glacier either if they were soon to leave; Sakhmet was too far along for that.

You are right. He had heard her voice catch. His own was low, almost grim. A deep breath sighs from him and he shakes his head. I worry we will not be safe enough alone. The two of us, facing the dangers that a whole village could not stop.

Putting a voice to his fears did not make Kigipigak feel any better. He felt weak. Pulled in different directions.
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
this is a lot of dialouge, let me know if i should edit :<

Indecision.

It flew from all sides, neither of them very certain of the future, but Sakhmet felt compelled to try. Try her damndest to make it all work and settle them all before she could do no such thing.

If the river was not safe, if Rivenwood would not work, if the Duskfire village would be too far...

North. If we wanted the north then we will take it, Kigipigak.

Certain. Unwavering despite the soft sheen to her eyes.

If the river is not safe, then we will move as far as I am able. There is a...rest. An open area but with plenty of small game. I saw it when you were away. Perhaps that is out of reach enough, if even only for a little while.

The wheels turned in her frantic head, eager to find a way to make this work.

I would be safe there. I could...we could find others. You are charismatic and strong.
Napatuqvik
Sangilak

1,184 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
I don't know how long we have. It sounded so dire, saying it like that. As if starting a family were really something to be feared; he couldn't let that sentiment bleed in to his tone and so he fell quiet again, which was fine, as Sakhmet spoke her own thoughts.

We can check out this place you speak of. If it is to your liking, then it can be home. We can be safe - I will make it so. Here, there, anywhere; Kigipigak did not care where they went, only that they go together and Sakhmet be safe, for she carried their future, and she was his everything.
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
It was dire, wasn’t it?

Not the children within her, not their marriage, none of that. She cherished all of it through the confusion and new feelings around them.

It was dire that her sides swelled like a balloon and she lost more mobility each week it seemed. Soon she would be nothing more than a waddling wife, then…well, she supposed confined to a den.

Okay, She exhaled, the weight of the world sagging her caribou lined shoulders.

Thank you. Mumbled softly as she aimed to find home in his pale furs. A constant source of security and comfort.