Redhawk Caldera Come at me and you'll see
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
The pun went over his head, but was enjoyed elsewhere in some parallel universe by someone who appreciates a good pun very much. 

She was challenging him to race her up the slopes, and for a moment, his confidence faltered. All the landslides he’d seen had left him with some remainder of trauma, but this area wasn’t nearly as dangerous, he thought. Not like Moonspear. And she’d looked at him and smiled at him in a way that was too refreshing for him to ignore. 

She bounded across a gap between a couple ledges and he nodded in appreciation. She was bold; but she was putting herself up against someone who had trained to become a guardian and warrior on one of the most formidable mountains in the area. ”You had a head start,” he called out, before he took off after her. ”But that’s fine- you’ll need it!” He huffed, after leaping across the gap. 

He wasn’t in the same shape he’d been in when Hydra had been training him, but his paws remembered the tricks of the trade. He was lighter now than he’d been before, but the strength had returned to his lean muscles. While once the slopes had made him huff and puff, having to carry all of his weight around, he found himself leaping and bounding up the slope, following directly behind Bridget, without nearly as much effort. 

With each bound he scanned the area, looking for somewhere he could pass her- and ended up seeing steeper ridge rise off to the side, a shelf in the face of the rock. It was only a few inches wide, and it ended up ahead- but he thought he could make it work. With a few bounds he leapt onto the perilously narrow shelf of rock and being careful to land only one paw at a time, he galloped forward and once he reached the edge of the ledge he leapt-

-and landed with a grunt, ahead of Bridget. He wished he could see her espression, but in the interest of maintaining his lead he sped ahead, feeling obligation and guilt gently slip from his shoulders and spur him on.
Messages In This Thread
Come at me and you'll see - by Bridget - July 02, 2022, 11:39 PM
RE: Come at me and you'll see - by RIP Bronco - July 04, 2022, 05:51 PM
RE: Come at me and you'll see - by Bridget - July 07, 2022, 10:14 AM
RE: Come at me and you'll see - by RIP Bronco - July 07, 2022, 12:13 PM
RE: Come at me and you'll see - by Bridget - July 10, 2022, 05:02 PM
RE: Come at me and you'll see - by RIP Bronco - July 10, 2022, 07:40 PM
RE: Come at me and you'll see - by Bridget - July 11, 2022, 10:00 AM
RE: Come at me and you'll see - by RIP Bronco - July 12, 2022, 12:08 PM
RE: Come at me and you'll see - by Bridget - July 13, 2022, 02:50 AM
RE: Come at me and you'll see - by RIP Bronco - July 18, 2022, 09:59 PM
RE: Come at me and you'll see - by Bridget - July 19, 2022, 12:56 PM