Redsand Canyon I got a hankering for four wide tires
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
it did cut. her tones were softer but it did not change the fact that fennec denied his love for ruenna had been strong or worthwhile. 

the notion that she had not loved him enough to stay was dismal. germanicus found himself resistant, even as a sensation of numbness set around his heart. "we did not marry for love. we both wanted children and to build mereo. that we ended in sentiment was secondary."

he would not have divorced her. the eagle had been prepared to wait all the time it took for ruenna to heal. "i have a great respect for her. that is why i did not wish to hear."

a muscle leapt in his jaw. he stared into the forest around the den he shared with fennec, considering that it was a rich and appropriate place they had chosen. 

he did not know why she insisted ruenna had not loved him. but as the silence stretched, that conception began to take root. his tongue felt glued inside his mouth, limbs heavy with an unseen darkness. why was destroying what he thought of ruenna, and she of him, so important to fennec?

"we never had these discussions. she was — content. and i was also. she ultimately left mereo due to the fact that many healers in the teekons had worked upon her pain to no avail. she went to seek respite and she did not intend to return, so she — relinquished me."

them. his yellowpaint eyes were empty. "perhaps you are right, fennec. perhaps she ceased her love because i failed her and allowed her to live in agony." he swallowed and closed his gaze. "so if she has gone and no longer bears sentiment for me, then it is unlikely she will return to seek a restoration of our marriage."

there was a pause. "i never would have fought her departure for that reason. it would not have been loving to demand that she stay. or to abandon what we created and our children who wished to remain in mereo. we decided together that this was how it must be." fighting for love was foolhardy. if a woman wished to leave him then who was the eagle to stand against it?

he felt as though all the healing he had done was rather bereft now, transformed back into seeping wounds. germanicus cleared his throat. "you must understand that for me, affection and duty are the same. a commitment made is not devoid of care. that i did not insist on love does not mean this was made in coldness, fennec."

his heart felt as if it were suppurating. "you are my wife, nor ruenna. and it is more than a title. it is lifelong." if she would have him. if she did not feel his closed nature mirrored that of her last husband.
Messages In This Thread
I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 01, 2022, 10:44 AM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 01, 2022, 12:02 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 01, 2022, 07:45 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 01, 2022, 08:50 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 01, 2022, 09:36 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 01, 2022, 10:03 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 01, 2022, 10:30 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 03, 2022, 05:32 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 03, 2022, 06:24 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 03, 2022, 06:41 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 03, 2022, 07:05 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 03, 2022, 08:51 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 03, 2022, 09:44 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 03, 2022, 10:14 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 03, 2022, 10:48 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 04, 2022, 07:43 AM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 04, 2022, 09:17 AM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 04, 2022, 10:26 AM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 04, 2022, 10:53 AM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 04, 2022, 11:35 AM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 04, 2022, 02:20 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 04, 2022, 07:40 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 04, 2022, 08:31 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Germanicus - November 04, 2022, 08:43 PM
RE: I got a hankering for four wide tires - by Fennec - November 04, 2022, 09:19 PM