Sleepy Fox Hollow worfeln
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
All Welcome 
mahler grunted a little. he had pulled a muscle the night before, searching for anselm. he knew the boy had dispersed early, but it seemed phaedra had gone as well. the man's thoughts were on thade then; distracted, he had slipped upon dew and landed heavily.
upon nothing!
and now this morning he paid for his mistake, and moved gingerly in the direction of the ghost forest for his pharmacy, gilded by the rising light of morning.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
139 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The cold bit at the boy’s face. His eyes squinted against the wind that carried it. It had been chilly for some time, but Emmerich’s fur had not yet thickened against the coming winter. Each time he left the den, the white-hooded boy was shocked at the falling temperatures. His time on the borders had suffered for it.

No more, though. The young wolf wanted to prove himself. He had grown tired of his time spent around the sleeping quarters. Restlessness ate at his paws and urged him out into the hollow, set for the border along the edge of the wood – the ghost forest. The grey of the skies made the trees look dismal. Emmerich might have turned if he did not catch a familiar figure in his sights.

Papa, he woofed in greeting, loping toward the gargoyle.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
"hallo, emmerich."
the boy was muscled and stood to his adult height now, if mahler could approximate. and he had wylla's eyes, shining now out of his face. "i vas going to inspect our stores." he wondered when his son's pelt would prepare for winter. "if ve do not have enough of vhat i need, it vill be time to go beyond the borders."
idly he wondered if isa and emmerich had begun such excursions. the man tipped his broad head, indicating that the boy should walk with him.
139 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Mahler said that he was going to check their stores. He said that if they did not have all they needed, it would mean a trip out of the hollow. Emmerich’s ears were pointed with interest. The white-hooded boy thought that he would enjoy accompanying his father on such a trip. It would mean stretching his legs beyond their borders and their claim.

I will go with you, to see the stores. I’ll go with you if you need to refill the stocks, too.

The young wolf stepped beside his father. The chill of winter nipped at his flesh. Emmerich looked up at the grey in the skies and breathed out a plume from his nose. It would be the first winter that he would ever experience. The world felt different.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler smiled. "part of me hopes there is a reason to go, ja?" he joked softly. he supposed he was indeed ageing; he would have already left paleo many times and had not yet once.
into the ghostwood they went, sunlight shafting through in softglow. "you have become a very good protector, emmerich," mahler softly praised. "are you ready for the vintertime?" as ready as an early-born child could be. but mahler had faith in his son's ability to prevail through the bad weather.
139 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Emmerich did not want to admit it, but he had daydreamed many times about going beyond the borders to see the world. His duty to protect his home had kept him there. He liked Paleo. He enjoyed spending his days making familiar routes through the hollow, along its borders. There was a sense of pride in him whenever he caught someone at the edge of their land. Either way, we will have a good time of it, he offered with a smirk, light dancing in his yellow stare.

When the compliment came for his protection skills, the white-hooded wolf dipped his head. He’d been inspired by a competitiveness with Isa. After he had surpassed some of her skills on the guardian path, he had learned that he had a liking for it. It made him feel closer to his mother and father.

I will be a guardian. Like mama… and like you. I have already started, papa. Vinter does not frighten me.

It wouldn’t be long before he would ask his parents for his first trade in Paleo. The question was what he wished for his secondary. The thought of trying to compete with Isa again had made him lean toward something intellectual, something to do with the natural world around them. Still, Emmerich wasn’t sure.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler nodded with pride. "sehr gut," the gargoyle said, a shining in his eye. "guardians should go out of doors, however, so i think vhatever ve find at the pharmacy, ve should take a trip into the mountains."
he smiled and then turned back. the larder was not far. mahler thrust head and shoulders into it, pulling out packets of dried greenery and blackened leaves.
"hmm. ve could do vith more lavender, chamomile, and mint, for any head colds." the man paused long enough to allow emmerich a good look at the last bits of these herbs before he began to put them away again. "vhich direction should ve go outside of paleo?"
139 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Mahler seemed pleased with his son’s ambitions. The young wolf was mildly surprised to hear that guardians must leave their homes, as well. Emmerich had never shied away from such a thing, but he had been sure that his duties were to keep their home safe. If it was what he must do, he would. The boy did not back down from any challenge.

The gargoyle mentioned herbs that they would need to stock up on. The white-hooded boy frowned lightly at the question he’d been asked. He did not know where they might find those things. The herbal lessons had been lost on him. He had spent all his time focused on one task – guardianship.

I do not know, papa. West, there is water. Emmerich had seen the creek on his patrols. Beyond that, there were trees that grew dark and thick. The forest had made him curious. He had never gone out to it, though. If they grow near the creek, we must go west. There is a forest, too. West seemed like the best answer.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
we can wrap & have a new one if u wanna start, doesnt have to be in paleo either! we can either backdate for their first excursion or BTS this one and say they've been going on little trips together? up to youu im game either way! <3

emmerich was not as focused upon green things as isa, but he had an aptitude for directions. the man grunted softly. "vest then." it was a good direction. and there was a good part of him which was pleased to leave, to stretch his legs proverbially.
"the bank vill be a good place to find lavender. the forest clearings, chamomile. and mint grows at the base of trees along main paths."
he had finished putting things away and now turned to his son, slinging a wide, worn leather strip over his back. "let us go."
139 Posts
Ooc — Teo
West was their goal, then. Emmerich felt himself swell with pride at having selected a suitable direction for their journey.

Mahler mentioned the items that they sought. He offered information on where they might find them, as well. If that was all there was to it, Emmerich believed that he might have the skills to do what Isa did. Sure, she was more studious than he would ever be, but he could remember lavender, chamomile, and mint. In the future, if he should need those items, he would know where to search.

Emmerich nodded to his father and the duo set out.