Swiftcurrent Creek castles crumbling
i’ve been the archer, i’ve been the prey
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Trade 
Upon further inspecting the area around the garden, Eshe noticed that she'd missed something in her initial sweep. There was some poison ivy that she'd overlooked, and now it had begun to coil around the trunk of the tree it was in front. Although the plant wasn't a significant risk to the garden, she knew that children were around and wanted to ensure they didn't get in it.

The process of removing the plant was meticulous, and Eshe knew this couldn't be done by herself. So, with this in mind, she crooned lowly, requesting the help of whoever was willing to lend a paw.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Black ear ticked towards a croon. Large head lifted water dripping from maw. Okay, he could help. It sounded like Eshe needed help. So with one more drink. He trotted towards her.

To find her ataring intently at a plant. He didn't know it, but if she wasn't touching it. It probably wasn't a good thing.

Heya Eshe.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Thanks for joining! <3

"Arric!" Eshe replied brightly, her tail waving as she watched him come closer. "It's good to see you!" He seemed like the reliable sort, and she was thankful that he was the one who'd offered to help.

"I've got quite the job if you're up for it," she began, watching him with smiling eyes. "But it'll require you to get your paws dirty." Both literally and figuratively. "There's some poison ivy growing over there," she motioned towards the plant that had snaked up the tree with her snout. "Although it's harmless if we leave it be, I don't want any children getting near it and getting a rash. So we need to dig it up and make sure that we get all of its roots." And that's where the job got complicated. "Their roots are a pain in the rear-end—they are small and sprawling—so we'll need to circle wide around it as we dig it up." And in case he was wondering: "I'll make us a balm that'll prevent us from getting the rash."

"Are you up for the challenge?" she asked.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
OF course <3

He chuckled at her exuberant greeting and dipped his head, but kept his silence for now. Gosh it was good to see her. She was always so pleasant and so pretty, but that was all the further it would ever go was him admiring all that. She would make a good friend. He had not been blind to the look in Akavir's eyes when he had mentioned her or the way she had gone out of her way to meet Akavir's children. He hoped they both could figure out their shit. Or at the very least Akavir get his head out of his....then she started talking and he focused. 

He lifted large shoulder. I'm usually up for anything. Usually unless someone gets hurt or will get hurt.

He chuckled and nodded. I can handle a little dirt and hardwork. It's what this wolf is made for after all.

He grinned. Well let's get this motherloving piece of crap then. He was not blind or deaf to the way she didn't swear. And he hoped he could be respectful enough not to swear around her. He felt like he could, but there maybe a time or two that he slipped. After all the impressive potty mouth that Mae sported, was mostly from him. It was his brand of affection, he liked to joke.

He moved forward, past her and glanced at the mess. Slowly he circled it and then when he was far enough out he began to dig. 

You get the salve started and i'll work on making a circle so that when we have it on, we can just pull it out. Deal?
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Eshe smiled at Arric's answer. He was such a nice guy and only wanted the best for everybody; she was glad he led the pack with Akavir. "Excellent," she replied, eyes shining in the early-afternoon light. "And it shouldn't take too long with both of us working."

When he suggested their next steps, she nodded in reply. "It won't take long," she promised. "I just have to go and get some lemon balm and grind it up." She bounded to her den and went to work. The process didn't take long, and when she was done, she emerged carrying a pouch she'd made out of some reeds.

"This should be enough," Eshe said, placing the satchel close to where Arric was working and watching as it unfurled to reveal the paste. "But if not, I can always make more."

"We'll apply it once we get closer to the actual plant—we should be good for now since we’re only working with the roots."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric tried. He wasn't always the best, but he did try. He wanted his friends and pack mates happy and do what he could to keep it.

He watched her leave for a minute and then kept working. Head bowed intent upon his task. She wasn't gone long before she was back.

He nodded his head offered her a small sideways grin becore he continued. Large paws shoveling out dirt and debris. It was pretty easy all things considered.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
When Arric nodded, Eshe took that as an indication that it was time for her to join him. She positioned herself opposite him, figuring they'd eventually meet in the middle, and began to dig.

She'd assumed that the digging would be easy enough since tilling her garden hadn't been all that challenging, and she was pleased with how quickly they were progressing. When they had completed the circle, Eshe looked up at him with a grin.

"Alright, now that we have a parameter set, we should work on moving in towards the plant. It shouldn't take long for us to find the roots, and when you find some, I'd start with removing those," she explained. "They're super small, stringy, and fickle; we must work carefully to remove them. They're ... kind of like blood vessels, if that helps. Super delicate."

"Do you have any questions?" she asked.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Eshe moved across from him and they slowly moved towards each other. Finally reaching the middle. He wrinkled his nose at her words. 

They sounded kinda gross sctually. But he slowly moved dirt sround and got closer finally seeing a few. He titled an ear towards her.

Here's some Eshe. then he backed up to let her more delicate paws get through them.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
"Here's some, Eshe," Arric said.

She stood, bounded to his side, and crouched next to him. "Yup," she confirmed, scrunching her face as she assessed the situation. Although she'd seen worse, there was a good amount of them. "Don't hold back on getting aggressive with them," she said, pawing at the nearest root, "They're useless, and we just gotta remove them."

She began to dig, moving in on the poison ivy. "We'll circle it again until we're all clear. Then, we'll put the balm on and remove the plant." It would take them only a little while now. With that, she continued to work, scooping the soil and its contents with an uncharacteristic strength and aggression.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric looked at them and then he was sort of slowly speaking, because he wasn't sure. If i break them off, won't they grow more later?

he thought that was what he was told a long time ago, but perhaps not. So if that's the case wouldn't it make sense to be alittle more gentle with it?

He shrugged and looked at her with bright eyes. I mean i'm probably wrong, but I thought. He shook his head not sure.

He bent to task and said no more. Because he didn't know if he knew what he was talking about .She was the herb lady, not him. She seemed to be dealing out some frustration on the plant. He wondered at it, but didn't comment. She'd tell him if she wanted too.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
”If I break them off, won't they grow more later? So if that's the case, wouldn't it make sense to be a little more gentle with it?” Arric asked hesitantly. "I mean, I'm probably wrong, but I thought." Eshe was impressed. Had he learned that from Arlette—or did he know more about herbology than he let off?

"Now you stop that nonsense of second-guessing my friend," she chided light-heartedly with a grin. "You're absolutely correct—I was just trying to save you the effort since you're already being so helpful." Truthfully, when he left and she was alone, she needed something to distract her from her loneliness. "I was going to comb through the dirt later to save you the trouble."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric had learned a little about a lot of things in his 4 years. Including a tiny fraction of herblore, but was nothing to write home about.

He chuckled lighthearted and kind. I don't mind if you want me to be gentle. Or i can rough it up. You seemed to be doling out somecfrustration. I don't wanna get in your way.

He looked over the roots and then continued as he had. Though there was gentlier movements to his ministrations.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Tag for reference!

They could meet in the middle—Eshe could be rough, and Arric could be gentle. "Digging helps me get out all my frustration and anxiety," she admitted with a feeble smile; the process looked different when she was alone, she’d dig a hole, scream her frustrations into it, and then bury her concerns.

Currently, @Wren was the source of her stress. She’d had been acting strange lately, and it made Eshe anxious and feel like she had to walk on eggshells around her.

"So maybe I can go through and clear most of the roots, and then you can follow and pick out what I missed?" Was that fair? "Is that okay?"
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
He nodded solemnly. Thats why i meditate in the really ealry mornongs. Center myself for the day or from the night before.

He didn't press the envelope though the counselor psrt of him wanted to ask. He had learned his lesson with Reverie. It did no one any good to push.

He gave a nod. I'm good with that. 

He stopped churning up the dirt to let her moce in front of him. He'd do his level best. He may not get em all, but he'd try.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Post 200 for you!

"I've never tried meditation before," she said. Eshe had heard there were benefits to doing it—she just wasn't aware of how it all worked. "What's it like?" she asked.

Arric agreed with the plan, and she wasted no time getting to work. She positioned herself ahead of him and began clearing the way, huffing, puffing, and grunting as she put all her energy and effort into it. Despite her aggressive approach, she tried her best to not hit him with dirt.

[Image: viralhog-dog.gif%5D]

Eshe worked until they were as close as possible to the poison ivy. "That ... was great," she panted between breaths, feeling much better. "I'll go get the balm, we'll rub our paws in it, and then we'll dig it up and dispose of everything in the river. After it's swept downstream, we can wash off." She retrieved her satchel and placed it at her paws once she returned.

"Rub your paws in it like this," she instructed, demonstrating the application as she massaged the salve against her paw pads.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Oh! congratulations!

Not many know what it was or how to do it and that was okay. It helped him though.

Its hard at first. You have to learn to quiet your mind usually with breathing. And you add a little longer each time. Until you can use it to calm down in an argument and stuff too.

A few clods of dirt nailed him in the ring around his eye. Perfect target he guessed, but he learned to stay back from those danger mittens of hers.

Arric blinked he'd always thought poison ivy spread in water. Though if it was the plants not the rash....

Lets dispose of it far far down.
 I definitely don't want to deal with the little shit heads and poison. Cheezus.

He followed her instructions. Hey this felt kinda of nice. And it smelled good.

He sniffed at it again getting a dab on his nose. Then he tried to rub it off and it got in his fur on his leg and chest and made it stand up.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
What Arric described sounded challenging, especially for someone who overthought as much as she did. "I think meditating could help me. I think ... a lot ... all the time, so it'd be nice to clear those thoughts," she admitted. "Any chance we could practice together? I can provide breakfast to thank you." The mind fascinated her, and she was always willing to try something new.

Looking at him, she noticed residual dirt around his eye and felt her heart drop. Had she done that? "Hey—it looks like you have some dirt around your eye," she lifted a paw, offering to help wipe it off. "Let me get that for you—I'm so sorry if I got you."

When Arric suggested they dispose of the icy downstream, she nodded in agreement. She considered her plan as he mentioned the children. "We might want to wrap it up in leaves," she said, mulling over the mistake she'd made. "Just so the oil doesn't spread and get on anybody else." She chewed on her lower lip, assuming he thought the worst of her—that she was stupid. Her mood dampened slightly, and her ear gave an anxious flick. It lasted for all of two seconds as Arric made a mess of himself with the balm.

"You know, that's a great idea," Eshe said, not wanting him to feel stupid or messy or less than like she would have if she were in his position. She rubbed her nose with her paw and then wiped down the front of her chest and her cheeks. "This'll help keep the oil off us," she explained. Although it wasn't necessary, it'd help keep them clean.

"Alright, let's do this." The poison ivy was loose, so they just needed to pluck it. "I'll grab it by the base and fling it towards you," she'd be careful not to hit him this time, "And then you can come in and make sure it's all clear. Sound good?"
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric chuckled. ,I think a lot too.

He nodded. We can, but i usually get up really early like before sunrise, but i can change that around if you'd like. I don't mind. he liked the quiet of the morning. When all was hushed and still. It helped him center himself more readily.

He bent hia head down so sje could reach. He shrugged a shoulder and smiled. No big deal it happens.

He nodded. Sounds good. You know you're awesome at this stuff.  He amiled bright and disarming. Not wanting her to feel bad.

He laughed then. Eshe. You didn't have to do that. Though i really appreciate it. 

The simple fact he was a pretty secure individual almost to the point of egotistical at times. It was probably why Akavir introduced him as an asshole honestly...cause he sort of was.

He nodded. Sounds good to me boss lady.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
"No, no need to change your routine for me!" she assured him. "I prefer waking up early. I usually wake up around sunrise to tend to the garden, so I can handle waking up a little earlier." The afternoons were beginning to be brutal, and she preferred swimming or napping when the day was at its hottest.

Eshe carefully and gently swept away the dirt on Arric's face, not wanting to irritate his eye. "There, much better," she said, pulling back to examine her work. She couldn't see anything, but it was possible the smallest specks of soil lingered and hid in his dark fur.

With the number of compliments she'd received since leaving the Frosthawks, Eshe was finally beginning to feel like she was capable of her craft—that she was an excellent botanist. "Thank you," she said, standing a little taller—but not too tall. "You're a good friend and helper—I really appreciate all your work." And she meant every word.

"Eshe. You didn't have to do that. Though I really appreciate it." he said as she applied the balm all over. In a very Arric-like manner, she shrugged her shoulders, smiled, and assured him: "It's no big deal" Eshe hadn't done it because she felt obligated—she did it because she wanted to because her love language was making others feel valued and safe.

"Alright," she said, walking to the plant and crouching at its side, "You ready?" When he confirmed, Eshe moved quickly. She carefully grabbed the stem in her mouth, tugged, and uprooted it. Then, as though she was handling a hot potato fresh out of the oven, she tossed it toward his paws.

"Alright, let me go and get something to wrap it up in!" She called said as she got onto all fours and bounded away. Once she entered the cave, she searched her belongings and could only find one thing to hold everything in and emerged again with a rabbit pelt in her mouth. The hide belonged to the rabbit who had stolen her poppy-infused fermented apples; this seemed like an appropriate ending for its remains.

"Ohwite," she said with a mouth full of fur, re-emerging from her den and striding towards him. "If we tightly roll up the ivy, we can put this around it." she said after dropping the pelt at her feet. "Would you prefer to wrap the ivy? Or wrap the fur around it?"
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
That was good. He didn't mind changing it, but it was better to keep a routine with this type of self care.

He iffered her a small smile. Thanks.

He chuckled. Don't let Akavir hear you say that. I have an image to uphold you know.

I got the ivy you wrap it. That way you're not close to the rash oil. he didn't mind happy to help where he could.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
"This entire pack has an image to uphold," she reminded him. "We're a pack of assholes, remember?"

Eshe was thankful that Arric was handling the dirty work. "Sounds good to me. I'm ready when you are!"
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
He chuckled and nodded. True enough. Though he was starting to feel like the biggest one lately with Wren and his mopey attitude with Akavir. It was shitty and he hated it.

Without another word he grasped the ivy and motioned for her to be ready to wrap it. He tossed it in the rabbit fur and then waited, holding the leaves and such away, trying not to get oil on him. So far the balm she had made was working, but he would definitely be taking a bath way far down river later too.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Wanna wrap this one up?

His great aim made her job easy. Once the plant was placed in the hide, she went to work and rolled it tightly. It wasn't perfect by any means, but it did the job.

"Ehcellnt," she said once she picked it up. "Leh go an get wid ov et." After that, they could wash off and call it a day.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
sure thing

Arric helped her where he could, but the ball was mostly in her court now. She did well and soon enough they were off. Depositing of it then a bath and calling it a day. He actually felt like a nap today. The heat had been brutal, but he had learned a lot and had fun despite the job.