Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
All Welcome 
@Eshe figured i'd start since I have the time and you're busy <3

Arric woke as he always did when the early morning shadows still encased the creek. Blue eyes blinking, taking a moment to adjust. Long legs stretching and a mouth opened wide in a yawn. Tongue lolling out. He shook his head, and tilted an ear to the sounds around and then stood. Another stretch and he was off. 

Started at a brisk walk and then turned to a run as he headed towards the river and the small spot he had found that he often frequented when he wanted to meditate. Covered in river boughs and the gentle sound of the creek flowing over the stone. It was perfect and beautiful and his own little pocket of happiness. He felt weird about sharing it with Eshe, because she would probably share it with Akavir who would then share it with Silvertongue and probably wren and his little haven would disappear. But well it was okay he guessed. He'd just have to find another.

He took a deep breath and another. And slowly worked at calming his mind so he was in the right mindset to teach.
i’ve been the archer, i’ve been the prey
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
You’re the best! Thank you so much!!

Arric had already begun working on his breathing when Eshe arrived. She chuffed as she approached, her mouth full of flower stalks and a smile on her face. His meditation spot was beautiful, an oasis in their already stunning territory. She looked around briefly, taking it all in after setting the blossoms at her feet and sitting beside him. "It's beautiful," she whispered, feeling obligated to speak quietly and not disrupt the peace.

"I brought you a gift," she said next, looking down to the ground and pointing to each flower as she explained: "I have some lavender, jasmine, and peppermint that we can sniff before starting. They all have calming agents, so I figured they could help."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
You're welcome. <3

Arric cracked an eye at the first sound of someone coming to him. She arrived with flowers in her maw. He caught a whiff sweet smelling stuff. Lavender at least also evident by the color.

He nodded. I'm good with those. All smell nice. though sometimes he got a little headachey when smelling to many flowers, but a small fose was good.

Alright, so don't get disappointed if you can't do it right aways its hard. But first you want to work on your breathing. Beats of 5. Breath in slowly breathe out.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
"I'm good with those. All smell nice." Arric said. To make things easier, Eshe divided each type of flower into three tidy little piles—just in case he preferred a particular scent. "I'm not sure which you'd prefer, but you can pick first. The lavender is my favorite, but the peppermint tends to kick in faster. " Regardless of his decision, she'd steal a spring of the purple-petaled plan for herself.

"Alright," she said, steadying herself with deep breath. "I'm ready."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric liked peppermint, but more to chew than to sniff. When he wanted to calm down it was lavender or chamomile. He bent and pulled a sprig of jasmine. He'd try that one. The scent was a little stronger than he would have normally liked, but it wasn't terrible.

Alright follow my breathing. He showed her the proper way to inhale to hold it then exhale. He shifted. Sometimes it helps me to close my eyes, but we'll work on your breathing first. Once you can get that down, we can work on clearing your mind. That's the harder part. I think anyway.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
She followed his instructions after watching for a moment. Although it took a little time to get the hang of focusing on her breath, she eventually got used to it. . "Alright," she whispered. It felt wrong to raise her voice any higher. She had gotten to the point where the awareness of her surroundings had begun to fade.

"What's next?"
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Now he breathed in and out. She was doing well. He liked to think he was an okay teacher, but it was better when he had good student. And she was clearly a good student. He grinned. and then shifted his weight. 

Now you're going to want to empty your mind. YOu want ot be aware of everything around you, but also sort of untether yourself from it. And you definitely want to quiet your thoughts. If they start to run away with you or you get distracted. Return to your breathing and try again.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Quiet her thoughts—how was she supposed to do that?

She frowned, peeking open an eye to glance at him. “I … wish I knew how to quiet them,” she admitted, her voice quiet. “How do you do that?” She frowned, feeling lame for even asking—what kind of question was that? How did she not know how to silence her inner monologue?

She snapped her eyes shut, wanting to avoid seeing his reaction to her silly, stupid little question.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
This was the hardest part of anyone who took on the task of Meditation. Even Arric himself had trouble with it. Really even now.

It's hard and it takes time. Even to this day sometimes if i'm really upset. I can't make them quiet right away.

He took a deep breath. You sort of push yourawareness into the world around you at first. At least that is what i did. I would start to have inner thoughts and I'd force myself to breath while i looked at the nearby rocks. Or focused on the way the river trickled down over them.

He nudged her with gentle maw. You're doing great. And that's a great question.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Eshe nodded, understanding what Arric meant—distraction chased away the thoughts. She needed something to fixate on. She was looking for something when he nudged her. She turned, smiling at him, “Thanks, Arric, she felt grateful for his help and patience. “You’re already helping me.”

Then, hoping to zen out, she leaned down and sniffed the lavender she’d brought, hoping that’d help her focus. With the smell lingering as she lifted her head, she looked to the river, focusing on the way it rippled in the early morning light. But, still, even as she tried to tune things out … she couldn’t quiet her mind, the inner criticism she was facing that mocked her for not being able to focus.

She sighed and closed her eyes, hoping that would help.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
He chuckled. I'm trying. But you usually have to find what works for you. I can only guide mostly. Youre doing good 

The sigh was an indicator that she wasn't zen. But Arric really wasn't sure how to help. He had battle his with sheer will and sometimes it still caught him off guard.

He focused in on the sound of the river rather than sight the sounds had always been easier for him to block out.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
She concentrated on the water, her surroundings fading. She occasionally noticed it, but it didn't distract her too much from the practice. She felt she was starting to understand it when a crow cawed nearby. The crow's voice echoed as it flew out of the forest by the stream, and it caused her to nearly jump out of her skin.

She looked around, her eyes wide, heart pounding, and fur spiked every which way. Goodness,” she breathed, trying to regain her composure as she glanced sidelong at her teacher.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric chuckled and shifted so he wasn't as relaxed. Eventually you gain a deeper awareness and it wont startle you. You'll know its there. You good?

He tilted his head and waited.  She did well for her first time. And he hoped it would hell her really. It was hard to say what helped who. He was one that it had taken trial and error to find what helped him.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
He wasn’t phased by the crow—somehow, he remained calm. She turned to him, impressed. “Impressive,” she complimented.

The smell of the flowers began to waft up and tickle her nose, and she breathed in deeply. The smells together were … disgusting, if she was being totally honest, and she frowned to herself.

When she opened her mouth to apologize, the tickle in her nose expanded to the back of her throat, and she began to cough uncontrollably. Although she motioned to him that she was fine, forcing a smile and curling her tail in a way that was reminiscent of a thumbs up. Eventually, she stood and went to the stream to drink, which quickly resolved the issue.

“Sorry,” she said, clearing her throat as she looked over her shoulder. Water dribbled from her chin, wetting her shoulder.

“I shouldn’t of brought so many strong flowers.”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
He smiled a little guarded. I been doing it a long time.

How could he tell her hotness ran in hia blood. That his forefathers had beserker rage. That they went off. And he hated that about himself. So he fixed it.

He shook his head. They're alright just strong. And it seemed to help you a little. That's a win you ask me.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
He was right—they were strong. Next time, she’d have to remember that everybody wasn’t as used to the herbal scents as she was.

“I can get them out of your way,” she offered and stood. “I want you to get a headache because of them—but you’re more than welcome to any if you'd like.”

“I picked them a few days ago, so any of them should last for another week.”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
He nosed at the peppermint and pulled some for himself. He wasn't much for smelling good. He bathed regularly hadn't had any complaints, but mint was always nice.

Thanks.

He looked her over. You want to try some more or are you ready for a break?

If he pushed to hsrd she may begin to hste it and that wasn't his goal here.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
“I think this would be a good ending point,” she admitted. “I’m still a little spooked from that cawing, and I don’t want to force anything.” She knew herself well enough to know she’d only frustrate herself if she tried to push it.

“Plus, you can get some alone time in before you start your duties,” she wagged her tail—it was important for him to stick to his routine.

”But I’d love to try it again soon!”
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
975 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
He nodded. Alright. You know where I'm at you need any questions answered.

He took a deep breath and moved into another meditation pose. Happy to have shared what he could. 

And he was pleased with her progress and the she seemed to like it.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
“Sounds good—thanks again,” she said. “I had a lot of fun.” That was, until the crow messed it all up.

When he resumed his practice, she took that as her sign to leave. With no set plans, she decided it was time for breakfast.

Despite the abrupt end to the meditation, she noticed she was a little more relaxed than she had been beforehand; she’d have to meditate with him again.