Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
-Angels Don't do what he did-
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
All Welcome 
Arric moved forward from his den. Eyes intent upon the horizon and the border. He could do a patrol, then a run and then perhaps some meditation.

His routine was a mess, but he couldn't stand the thought of not moving around. He'd been too still for too long.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
277 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Mae was still recovering, but it was likely no surprise to anyone that she quickly grew bored of it. She'd alternated her time between @Eshe and @Cygnet since her return. There was someone else she had yet to see, however. Someone very important.

Arric! She yelled as she wandered through Swiftcurrent Creek. Mae didn't quite feel up to hunting through the whole territory for him — so clearly this was the next best option, right? AAAARRRRRIIIIIIICCCCCCC! Mae huffed. SHITHEAD!
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
He'd heard that Mae had been hurt. But he had been unable to go find her until now. He'd not known what had caused it however.

He heard her call him and then the expletive that fell from her maw and shook his head with a chuckle. 

Heya Maemae. he called out with a small grin. Stanfing watching her with warm eyes.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
277 Posts
Ooc — xynien
There he was! Mae ran to him, launching herself straight at him for a long overdue hug. The abrupt movement was painful on her wounded back leg, tearing it back to a slow oozing of blood, but she hardly noticed.

Arric! Whatcha doin! She chewed on a bit of his fur affectionately, pleased to be in the company of her favorite uncle. Well, her only uncle, as far as Mae was concerned. She hadn't yet met Viinturuth.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: swearing

Arric caught her all furry squirmy and held tight. Though he did notice the blood, but it didn't seem really bad.

He chuckled. Getting back to patrolling and stuff. My body decided to say fuck you.

He ran his muzzle along her head. But what are you doing little miss?

He smiled down at her and tilted an ear forward.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
277 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Later, Mae would remember this as the last time she felt truly happy.

In the moment she only giggled as Arric spoke, unsure what he meant by it but amused by the mental image. Just lookin' for you, She said. Some asshole attacked me outta nowhere and now I can't do shit cause of my leg. I'm so bored!

Can I go patrolling with you? Mae asked next, a hopeful glint in her eyes.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric sniffed at her leg. Well i better not find the asshole. He'll be hurting if i do.

He nodded. sure ya can maemae. Anytime you can come woth me.

Arric would never turn her away or tell her to leave. He loved her so much. She was hia best princess, his number 1 neice.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
277 Posts
Ooc — xynien
In her heart Mae knew all of these things to be true. She held Arric on a pedestal above all others; it was him she trusted the most, him she loved the way a daughter should love her father. He had never left her. Always he was there, always ready with a hug and a kind word.

But even his love could not heal the wounds of a childhood spent in abandonment; even now her heart was hardening against Swiftcurrent Creek and the life it had given her.

Whatcha know about fighting? She asked as they headed for the borders, thinking now that she would need to learn to defend herself in the world if she was to go out into it. It was not a kind place, she had learned, but full of dangers.

Mae intended to be prepared for them.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
Arric loved the kids of his best buddy more than he would ever say. They were like his own kids, even though they weren't. And it really rubbed him wrong that Jakub and Nico were missing, but what was he to do about it. Unfortunately he couldn't find them.

And Mae was coming back less and less usually wounded. IT made his his heart worry deep within his chest there. 

Oh i know a fair bit, why you wanna know a little bit about it?

He looked her over. He didn't see why she shouldn't learn, but she should be asking her dad. What if this was a line he crossed too far and it made Akavir angry.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Delta
277 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Yeah! Mae chirped happily, her cheerful demeanor a contradiction of the feelings that had prompted this inquiry. Gettin' sick of getting my ass kicked.

And maybe she should have asked Akavir, but Mae was finding lately that she did not want to ask him for anything anymore. He was never there for her. Why give him more ways to let her down?
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
971 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Guardian
Therapist
He laughed and nodded. Looks like you can hold your own though fairly well. But I'll teach ya 2hat I can.

He wondered if he was overdtepping again and yet. What else was he supposed to do. Tell her no when she needed to learn. And didn't want to ask her dad.

you want in this thread, separate thread or bts?::