Two Eyes Cenote Playground
Akashingo
Yaret
344 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
All Welcome 
The cenote cradled the gremlin. She paced in circles on the sands, perched atop an overlooking dune adorned with dead shrubs that were all too fitting for worked paws. Those lanky limbs did not stop moving, small chuffs of a hyenas laugh bubbling in a whine from her throat. Attention! Attention! She waned attention. Daylight ran hot on her skin.

Her face pushed roughly against the ground as she stroked her own cheek. She rolled against it. Shivers of her tail wrote out in lettering her love of it. Again, she paced in slow circles, eyes giving advanced surveys, and all the while with her same whiney, near needy chorts. And she would take anything. Everything.
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The trickling river was underwhelming, so Frolic quickly led @Ceridwen further east, toward a bright spot of green in an otherwise dusty brown landscape. They moved at a steady lope, a cloud of dust trailing behind them. When Frolic glanced backward and noticed this, it immediately prompted her to speed up to maximize the effect, though the sand soon gave way to grass.

She thought she heard her sister cackle, though it came from the wrong direction. Frolic caught a glimpse of a slinky black figure right before the ground suddenly disappeared beneath her feet. The youngster went tumbling down into the first of the two sinkholes, belly flopping into the water below with a noisy splash.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Brecheliant
Sciathán
708 Posts
Ooc — Me
The trip so far had been interesting and Dwin's worst fears had not materialized. Yet. Frolic was just as impulsive, bubbling with ideas and numerous questions as she was at home. A lot to take for any person. Because of this somewhere along the way she stopped feeling guilty for not being able to cope with her antics for that part of her life, where she was able to run around and do silly things. 

Being the older and smarter wolf of the two Dwin did not give in the chase right away, she let her sister take off, knowing that going full steam would eventually tire her and she would catch up with her eventually. Except she had not accounted for Frolic suddenly disappearing. Crap! This was the kind of thing Frolic would pull off! I told you it was a bad idea! What will you tell mom and dad?!!! Crap, crap, crap!

"You little piece of dragon-dung!" Dwin let out her frustration in a moderately offensive way, when she stopped right at the edge of the sink-hole, almost following her sister's route and peering down. "You okay?" she called, having spotted the sandy pelt of her sibling. "You -" she addressed the dark-pelted stranger standing nearby. "Do you know, how to get down there or out of there?" Then she turned back to yell at Frolic: "Don't you bloody dare to drown there - you hear that? Haunting a sink-hole in the middle of nowhere is not fun. Just saying."
Akashingo
Yaret
344 Posts
Ooc — Neoma
Sorry for the wait!!

Her head shot upright and stiff. Tumbling down into one of the openings in their currently expanding homelands, a small little figure that contested her own in such a feat. The devils spawn was quick to the edge, barking, barking, BARKING bells of alarm for Akashingo. A smile still upon her inky lips, she laughed with shifts of her tail while there came a new spirit that nested close to her. 

"Yes? Yes! I help! Help lots! Don't-chya worry bout it, kid!" She paced in circles, circles again, staring down with curious eyes that tore through the top of the water and the fallen pup. "You need help, yeah? I help ya!" What if she did not? If she waited, simply to see, if they would figure it out on their own? The weight of her interference brought trickles of thrill down her throat until she was nauseated. Sick, sick! Sick!
Putting her pads on the edge, she was quick to begin trying to navigate down.
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Hitting the water broadside hurt. Frolic kicked back to the surface with a noise that was mostly gasp, partly groan. She was a strong swimmer, so she easily paddled toward the lip of stone lining the subterranean pool. It took her a moment to find purchase, though she pulled herself out of the water and slumped on her hip on the cold, hard rock.

She looked upward at the sound of two voices. Ceridwen was still perched at the lip of the great sinkhole. Frolic hadn’t registered anything she’d said. Her eyes were drawn to the dark, slinky figure making her way down a narrow footpath along the wall.

Frolic swiped a black paw over her dripping face and declared to both parties, I meant to do that! Her voice boomed rather loudly thanks to the strange acoustics of this place, prompting a wide-eyed, Cooooooooool!
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Brecheliant
Sciathán
708 Posts
Ooc — Me
Dwin stared at the lady, who had turned out to be strange and crazy, and regretted even asking her for help. Because she looked like just the kind, who in an attempt to save a drowning man, would sink herself before reaching them. She shrugged and stepped back to see, what the odd lady was about to do and decide on each suggested step herself. Who knew - you did not have to be an evil witch to do harm. Being ignorant and clueless was enough. 

By then Frolic had recoverd from planking in the water and returned Dwin's call. The manner of her telling that she had meant to do this in the first place, reminded her of that summer afternoon with Ponyboy, who had shown her his cannonballing skills. This prompted her to yell back: "It was not a back-howl-super-dive-with-at-twist! You need more practice." Let her something to busy her mind with, while she found a way to get to her and not die in the process. 

She watched the odd wolf climb down and, when she deemed it safe, she followed her lead. 
161 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The strange acoustics captured her attention for a moment or two longer before Frolic realized why sound carried differently down here. Well, she didn’t make the connection between the catacombs and her echo, though she certainly noticed the subterranean corridor leading into the second chamber. There were all sorts of cracks and holes in the wall: dim doorways leading to myriad mysterious places.

This place is so cool, Frolic repeated herself, jumping to her paws and shaking some remaining moisture from her pelt.

By now, Ceridwen and the stranger had joined her at the bottom of the first sinkhole. The water had smoothed after Frolic’s unexpected impact, reflecting the circle of sky above. Despite being underground on a technicality, it was very bright here beneath the open ceiling.

The gloomy corridor beckoned her, thought Frolic’s eyes combed the steep walls looking for the place where the two women had climbed down into the hole. She galloped the short distance to it and began to ascend, circling toward that well-lit mouth.

I’m gonna go again! she breathlessly exclaimed to her two-person audience, right before she lost her footing.

Frolic nearly tumbled right off the narrow ledge to smack onto the rock floor below. But she managed to avoid the fall by dropping to her belly. She could feel her heart beating hard in her chest as she let out a shaky breath, then a little laugh.

Then it was onward and upward!

Sorry to skip @Legend, but I wanted to keep this moving since it’s sat a while.