Two Eyes Cenote woman, pharaoh
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
633 Posts
Ooc — anon
All Welcome 
attn @Khusobek

today it was Khusobek who was also with her, protecting; today she was happy for this, because he was a man who had also guarded her aunt. another woman. and a Pharaoh.
tell me of my aunt, she requests as they explore the Cenote, how she rules. he had seemed to respect her, and to follow her will—but she wondered of his true opinion, and if he had respected her truly.
Muat-riya
Mazoi
281 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"with an iron fist, divine one."

he paced at her right flank. "she does not travel to foreign lands, she forces their dignitaries to come to her. she does not bow before any ruler. she withholds hospitality without tribute. but if you are truly loyal, you will be rewarded."

a wandering scorpion was kicked over a dune.

"great lands in fertile areas, slaves, servants, wives. unchanging ranks. praise. her people love her as much as they fear her, great queen."
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
633 Posts
Ooc — anon
some of that were things she already had done, perhaps following in her fathers lead—when was the last time that she had bowed to any? it was not a thought, but the very way that she had been raised! Toula was hospitable, always—but perhaps that could be changed, if only to ensure that Akashingo was well taken care of. 
and what are her rewards? and perhaps that was what he listed next—or things that she ensured for herself. Toula was aware she herself had no iron first, but knew too that was not the way in which she wished to rule. 
she could sense respect there from Khusobek, and so asked, you enjoy her rule?
Muat-riya
Mazoi
281 Posts
Ooc — ebony
enjoyment. he had enjoyed a great deal of it, unspeakably so. 

here in this foreign desert, he almost felt as if he were home, as if he would suddenly catch the wafting of lotusflower upon a hot breeze. as if the woman at his side were her, and ruefully he considered that they had a similar look, this line of seti with deep gazes of oceanic gemstone and craftings of gold-dust to proclaim their divinity.

"i was well taken care of, divine one," khusobek answered, keeping his eyes upon their path. "her rewards are chosen to fit the receiver. she can take the measure of a man in a moment, and often know his deepest wants during their first conversation."
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
633 Posts
Ooc — anon
respect, admiration—open, eager to answer the questions. Toula smiled. she had wondered what motivated a man like Khusobek—and that it might be his love for the Pharaoh…
and here he was, spurned perhaps! no wonder he had been so dry upon first coming here. but her women had watered him, and now, he was before her—in bloom. 
is it your want, for a man to be Pharaoh here? or hers? she wondered next, having heard of his musings through the murmurs of fellahin. Toula smiled at him, unoffended by this. love was a motivator indeed—and what would Khusobek do, for his own? 
she wondered how he could not see the power of it. the power she would wield during her own reign. not to bring cruelty, or hatred, or dissent—but peace, harmony. love was her greatest strength. 
and she would not have him confuse it for weakness any longer. Khusobek must respect her, too.
Muat-riya
Mazoi
281 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"what i want is the continuance of akashingo and your reign, divine one." surely a sidestep, but surely the queen did not expect her rough guardian to give his true mind. he was unused to how nicely she treated her court; he did not trust it, and so found much work to keep him away.

"what your aunt desires is success, for your blood, for her own."

that, a language even a royal girl could understand.
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
633 Posts
Ooc — anon
then you both shall have it—when instead I am Pharaoh, she says in answer, gaze warm upon him though the words are firm. 
Toula smiles at him. others have been cruel to you, Mazoi. I understand your distance. tell me what can be done, to right this wrong. I must trust my guards—I also wish for them to trust me, in turn, and his distance, even for all of her understanding, did not help her to do anything but doubt him, and his own intentions. 
she watched him then with the discerning eye of Ra.
Muat-riya
Mazoi
281 Posts
Ooc — ebony
she named him. saw him. khusobek was unsettled. a crocodilisk sliding backward into silt, he contemplated.

"i oversaw all productions in your aunt's palace. i oversaw the harem as well," the mazoi went on, thinking of inji. she had been successful in his assignment. there was no reason to think rashepses would not continue to summon her.

"but you have your own people for this, divine one. i am only a guard. so long as i have work to do and a pharaoh to serve, i shall be content."