If a pup leaves a weeks after being born can they come back a few months later
683 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
Okay say they are born and it says pups under a month die without a pack what if they leave the game and come back (can they like a few months later??)
”Common” "Spanish"
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
(January 16, 2020, 01:07 AM)Serem Wrote: Okay say they are born and it says pups under a month die without a pack what if they leave the game and come back (can they like a few months later??)
Under our current rule any puppy less than a month of age that is pulled from a pack will die within one week of being packless. It’d be assumed pulled from game also = packless.

To prevent that unfavorable outcome from happening, I suggest placing the puppy on PPC for the remainder of that first month if you are worried about meeting activity requirements! <3

If this question is being asked in the spirit of getting old puppies out of the ranks to make way for new puppies, I would say it’s very hard to do this right and “safely”, because invariably timelines get kerfluffled and, puppies are an inversely proportional commodity. Meaning, the bigger the pool of puppies in game, the bigger the surplus of extraneous puppies, which increases the difficulty of finding long term players for the puppies. In other words, increase in puppies = decrease in availability of long term players.  If PMs are having difficulty getting everyone in their pack a puppy, going with smaller litters (1 per litter) is not a bad thing - that would ensure every pair in the pack gets a puppy, provided they are mates/breeding with other members of the pack. (16 adult ranks = 8 pairings if equal gender ratio, 1 puppy per pairing = 8 puppies.) That way everyone gets a puppy, without the added stress of worrying about kicking out puppies and/or timelines.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,208 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Clarifying here.

Let's say Roofus is born into a pack. He is 3 weeks old and goes inactive, but he has not left the game. So long as the player and pack are in agreement, he can remain an NPC even though he is inactive.

We had an instance of this in the 2020 puppy season because not all packs utilize a PPC rank.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO