Firefly Glen The more I see I understand
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Lyra needed very little tempting to join in on Hydra's latest scheme, which was to follow their twin and their father. Why shouldn't we go on the adventure, too? Alya would want us there, what if something bad were to happen and we weren't? That thought alone was enough for Hydra to decide, and spoken aloud only solidified her conviction. She was sure she had spoken what Lyra thought, though only because she was certain that Lyra and Alya both echoed the sentiment of their collective safety. 

Their following was, by and by, pretty boring. Alya's observations, each and every time, were right. Outside of the mountain everything was flat, and Hydra could not help but feel the overwhelming desire to just go back. Still, Hydra was diligent and dutiful in her distant stalk. She and Lyra both were honing their ability as a hunter... and there was an ever present thrill of being caught. Hydra was sure Alya must have some sort of feeling... but if she did, she did not act on it to turn them away or invite them nearer. Hydra smirked in the shadows. 

They went on like this for a while, she and Lyra, until something interesting did happen. There was a wolf Hydra did not know, and it seemed for a moment Alya might know of them... no, she did not, judging by the way Alya fell back the way she had. Hydra's ears cupped and she peered through the woods, trying to get a better look... but seeing was not half so good as hearing, Hydra observed. 

This is a wolf that was at our pack's borders a few months ago, when you were little. When I told her to fuck off she didn't and I had to almost rip her head off to prove my point, so now we hate her 'cause she's a dumb piece of shit and her pack is lead by morons. But it seems she hasn't learned her lesson yet, because here she is, on the flats near our mountain. What do you say we do with her? Her fathers outburst was all Hydra really needed. Her pale eyes turned toward Lyra in a, I told you so, thank gosh we have come!—before Hydra emerged from where she hid, moving to slide alongside Alya and took one more emboldened step forward. Her fathers hatred was all the justification she needed for her feeling of disdain of this stranger. What did you do to someone, when they could not learn? Rip her head off, maybe, Hydra suggested with a lash of her tail. This was but a game to Hydra, and it was not the first time their father had encouraged, or condoned, their violent side. The consequences, and that the other might feel pain or anything of that sort, was not something Hydra considered. She peered toward Alya, blinking slowly, a question present in her eyes: what do you think? Her tail waved, encouraging. Up until their joint arrival, Alya had seemed uncertain—but she saw, now, that this was no longer so, and Hydra nipped her fondly. We're here for you, always, and one ear cupped to the side, listening for Lyra.
Messages In This Thread
The more I see I understand - by Sassafras - February 08, 2017, 11:14 PM
RE: The more I see I understand - by Charon - February 09, 2017, 07:51 AM
RE: The more I see I understand - by Alya - February 09, 2017, 10:51 AM
RE: The more I see I understand - by Sassafras - February 09, 2017, 10:23 PM
RE: The more I see I understand - by Charon - February 10, 2017, 05:15 AM
RE: The more I see I understand - by Hydra - February 10, 2017, 06:47 PM
RE: The more I see I understand - by Alya - February 10, 2017, 09:43 PM
RE: The more I see I understand - by Sassafras - February 11, 2017, 09:34 PM
RE: The more I see I understand - by Charon - February 12, 2017, 05:25 AM
RE: The more I see I understand - by Hydra - February 13, 2017, 04:03 PM
RE: The more I see I understand - by Alya - February 14, 2017, 08:45 AM