The Heartwood Float through bright rooms; no borders, no fences
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Your posts are always quality <3

Hydra's ears pricked at the news he shared. 

The mercenary and Caiaphas had both gone to kill a child. But the mercenary had left Caiaphas for dead. Likely he did not have the stomach for such a thing when push came to shove, but had he even been aware of the plan to start with? Hydra had not known him enough to come to a conclusion with any real certainty, and he was dead now—some things she would never know. Hydra did not trust Caiaphas herself for an honest answer given the way in which she had tried to spin things upon Easthollow that were false. From what Hydra could deduce about the woman, she had determined she was clever, and manipulative too. Strong and battle-savvy enough to put Vengeance in this position, too. 

Hydra considered for a moment while she looked Vengeance over. 

I have come to find that the new settlers despise the woman as much as you do. They themselves have their own separate history with her. I found one of them hunting for her at the Lake where he was killed. I imagine, too, that Easthollow shares in your feelings toward her. And as for me, Hydra drawled, I have children. If she is the sort of woman who will come to borders to slay them, whatever the reason, she must be disposed of. This Merrick, too, and I suppose his companion. They favor her, and perhaps will seek to avenge her. What of him? For what reason did he betray you, if any at all? She drawled. Hydra was not yet certain the mercenary was the common denominator, or what else there may be, but she had her suspicions.

In any case, the Wilds would benefit from their... removal. I think any, even all, would unite for a cause such as this, she suggested, eyes flashing. Rusalka, she recalled. What is her relationship with Rusalka? Hydra inquired after a beat, wondering if Caiaphas could still call upon them.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
RE: Float through bright rooms; no borders, no fences - by Hydra - November 26, 2019, 09:31 AM