The Heartwood Float through bright rooms; no borders, no fences
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra listened, and her ears stood at attention when she heard one word in particular that stood out above all the rest. 

Daughter. A fiercely loyal one, at that. Even if time had changed things, she knew there was no thing quite so terrible to a mother than the death of ones own child. Such an event had not yet unfolded in her own life, but her instinct dictated that all she did was for their own survival. In the marrow of her bones she felt that, whether there was a relationship still existing there or not, Caiaphas would not want any of her own to come to harm.

But... Knowledge was power. 

Once he had finished, Hydra nodded, thinking, mulling over all that had been shared and said throughout their exchange. After a moment, Hydra advised with a tactician's efficient mind: Imagine it. Prepare for any scenario. For some, blood will always be thicker than water. If she is manipulative, then I do not doubt she might be able to beguile these children you have spoken of. What are their names? How do they look? Perhaps she might send them to do some investigating in her stead, she drawled; if that was so, she wanted to be sure that she knew both of these things before she left, and after a beat, she expressed: if she is their mother, they too might be able to manipulate those they come across. Hydra did not count them guilty for their mothers crimes, but still, it was best to be careful.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
RE: Float through bright rooms; no borders, no fences - by Hydra - December 06, 2019, 11:09 AM