Firefly Glen the truth and my lies are now falling like the rain
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra navigated the territory with @Osiris to reveal to him the ins and outs of the Glen. How the hill could offer one a vantage point, but could also give them away. Equally, how the space between the hill rising and falling might be a good place to sequester onesself should their be trees there to slim down the options of him being discovered by their prey when he stalked them. As she educated her son, there came a holler: (I'M HIDING!!!); Hydra paused in her teachings and looked down at her son. Let us see what the commotion is about, hm? the mother offered. It would be good to take a break, even if only temporarily. 

The duo moved together in silence from then out until they came across the tawny girl; Hydra was taken aback when she noted fireflies hovering there. She paused in her step, a bit of wonder there on her features... before the sense of wrongness of it all settled in her stomach. Disconcerted, the matriarch did not look to Osiris as she murmured: the fireflies... they should be at rest in the Winter, which meant that these ones would die by the time the sun rose. It was not something she had ever seen before, but Hydra did not think too much about it. They were beautiful after all, and she would not take the moment for granted. 

Looking to Osiris, she drawled softly to him, Your grandfather, Charon, was quite fond of these creatures, his mother reiterated. She wished that he could know him for himself, but Hydra would breathe him to life in stories of him. Memories. The last memory she had of him here was when he had been here with Speedy—

Who was this tawny woman below? The white tail-tip was but the one thing that saved her as Hydra gazed at the back of her. Why were they here to ruin this memory she might create with her son? Found you, Hydra quipped in a low drawl then, her voice absent of humor. Nor was there any ire in it; though the judgment on her features was clear enough. You are terrible at this game.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
RE: the truth and my lies are now falling like the rain - by Hydra - February 12, 2020, 11:52 AM