Firefly Glen my funny valentine
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra continued moving, listening to Ying's review of her brothers. So she had met them both; that was good. The matriarch thought Revui to be a better match, but Ying must find this out for herself. Arcturus would surely tell her of his wishes to remain upon Moonspear as he had all but expressed to Hydra. He had been offended by the very idea of expanding their claim if it meant he had to leave to do so; Hydra imagined him as permanent a fixture upon the place as she herself, and the landmarks that made it. Hydra quite liked Ying, though; perhaps, selfishly she hoped, Arcturus might sway her to their settlement if that was so. 

Revui, though, she envisioned more than helpful in the forging of what Ying and herself alike desired. 

Ying went on then, shifting to her sister now. The change in topic caused Hydra to listen with interest, though the furs along her nape began to prickle. There were many eyes upon Moonspear that might have fallen upon them then, and one could not fully regard themselves as a mother until they became used to the unsettling undivided attention a child could suddenly bestow upon you as you became their target... not when they did it so often, anyway. @Antares in particular quite enjoyed that. Therefore it was not at all Ying's sister the matriarch suspected near, even though she discussed her impending arrival. 

It was typically always impossible to discern up until the moment he, or his siblings, revealed himself where exactly they were. That familiar feeling had come and not gone as Hydra moved along. Even still she was not absolutely certain; sometimes, that creeping feeling came upon her for no reason at all (so she thought; sometimes, young though they were, her children could find success as their prowess grew). If there was one thing she did know, though, it was how to lull them forth from hiding if she really wished to. 

There was an amused grin upon her features she could not truly hide at the thought of her young watching them then. Many a time as a girl, she had stalked her mother and father with her sisters... sometimes, when feeling particularly bold, by herself. Hydra had also liked to lurk and overhear their political conversations, though she never hid her face for that. Perhaps they did not think themselves welcome to hear such talks? Hydra had never known them interested, though they were growing older. She imagined that Dragomir might benefit from hearing such talks, and being a part of them... though he himself had never prowled after her to overhear or catch her unawares. 

Her mind remained upon Antares. So much like her with his curiosity! 

But who knew if she was even right about such things. Looking to Ying Hydra started lowly, in a low voice for her ears alone to hear, one of my children might be watching, perhaps, she revealed. It was clear she was unbothered by the notion, and used to it, too; and in the next beat Hydra answered aloud Ying as though she had whispered not a thing at all, and pressed forward at a quicker pace... so practiced was she in doing this with her mate to trick her cubs out of hiding, reckless with their imagined success where perhaps they might become too bold: your sister is returning to Moonspear? Pregnant, potentially, too... which Hydra had suspected might come to be, giving the others admittance to her. Before getting to what Hydra thought, she wondered this while her gaze pointedly held fast to a spot she knew was good to utilize as a point in which to launch a surprise attack on her ideally unsuspecting child, When can we expect her? I do look forward to meeting her under better circumstances, and Hydra looked to Ying then, the words spoken in earnest. Hydra found that she could not answer Ying then and there without knowing who her sister was, truly. Hydra thought she was a fool for coming as she had, but the then-empress—to her knowledge—had followed her instruction to leave, and respect her enough to interact with none of her own in the interim. Of the male variety, specifically. 

For that, Hydra would give her another chance... which she felt Ying might appreciate. Before then, though, Hydra could not fairly judge. She did not know her. It seemed like Ying had come to the conclusion though that she would, which Hydra would trust if that was what she meant. It was Ying's family, after all, and she would know best on how to rule it... and when to, also. 

Hydra herself then forged forward to move toward a tree with a low-lying bough. Too obvious that, but there was a better tree just beyond it with a broad trunk that the matriarch looked to. Surprise attack, was her idea, but to keep things moving and as though there was nothing awry, Hydra drawled: I expect soon I will know whether or not I will become a mother again. What would you prefer, if you could choose? Sons, or daughters...? and just before Ying could answer, Hydra huffed: that is strange. Come, look at this... 

Before she slipped behind the tree and settled expertly into a crouch, utterly silent as she looked to Ying with a wicked little grin. If one, or more, of her unwitting children fell for this... they could execute a surprise attack. Of course there was also the chance that she was wrong, but the thrill of the idea of pummeling one of her children with Ying superceded that they might not be tricked by her this day. It was a trick she had not yet utilized with them, but knew that nothing tempted them quite like something strange. Her children understand well her brand of fun. A little rough, but always out of love. 

And anyway, if it were Antares, like she suspected, she figured he would make it known sooner rather than later in the business of learning, which was typically his priority. One way or the other, he would learn. Hydra was quiet, listening for any indication of another approaching... only suspecting her own cubs, for now.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
my funny valentine - by Ying - March 16, 2020, 11:14 AM
RE: my funny valentine - by Hydra - March 16, 2020, 11:25 AM
RE: my funny valentine - by Ying - March 16, 2020, 11:35 AM
RE: my funny valentine - by Hydra - March 16, 2020, 12:28 PM
RE: my funny valentine - by Ying - March 16, 2020, 12:43 PM
RE: my funny valentine - by Hydra - March 16, 2020, 02:04 PM
RE: my funny valentine - by Ying - March 16, 2020, 02:33 PM
RE: my funny valentine - by Hydra - March 16, 2020, 03:18 PM
RE: my funny valentine - by Ying - March 16, 2020, 03:39 PM
RE: my funny valentine - by Hydra - March 16, 2020, 03:54 PM