Moonspear Whenever you're stuck, tell me what you need
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Was she kidding? Hydra had to believe that she was, regardless of tone. But then, maybe she was not. The girl could not see, and maybe no one had laid out the differences for her. There was the real chance that Fennec simply did not know. And refusing to open her eyes to level herself to experience at the very least the entirety of the day in Fennec's "eyes", Hydra wondered if she should elaborate—but decided instead to have faith that Fennec must know by now there was a difference. 

What was it like? How to explain to someone that could not see to know colors? The way it felt, she supposed, beyond what was literally felt. It depends on where you are standing, she answered. Standing here is not so different than standing atop a rock, I suppose, she started, voice rich with amusement as she referred to Fennec's own words, we are not so terribly high, and from here, the tall, stretching trees leave plenty of mystery to what lies beyond. But, she continued, thinking fondly of her domain, the higher you climb... she paused for a moment, thinking. Eyes closed, Hydra searched her mind, reaching for the things she knew she had always felt but had never really acknowledged. Things that those without eyes to see would know, and understand. 

In the day, you feel as though the sun is not above you, but only just ahead. It is not that you can feel the heat, but you can feel the brightness, the light, against and all around you. The wind, too—it is never still, restless and whistling. And at night, it is the same with the moon. It does not feel as bright, though it casts the same light in the upper reaches. It is strange, for it feels like... freedom. You can sense the world all around you. The wind will carry hints of it—oceansalt, pine... she explained, But always, too, is that feeling of danger. Not from others, but from nature herself—one misstep can be the end of it all. Though despite that... and perhaps because of it, she hums, I have never felt quite so alive as I do where the air grows thin, and the world feels so vast.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
Whenever you're stuck, tell me what you need - by Fennec - October 29, 2020, 12:53 PM
RE: Whenever you're stuck, tell me what you need - by Hydra - November 03, 2020, 09:38 PM
RE: Whenever you're stuck, tell me what you need - by Fennec - November 05, 2020, 07:39 PM
RE: Whenever you're stuck, tell me what you need - by Hydra - November 11, 2020, 11:56 AM
RE: Whenever you're stuck, tell me what you need - by Fennec - November 11, 2020, 05:40 PM
RE: Whenever you're stuck, tell me what you need - by Hydra - November 12, 2020, 10:39 AM
RE: Whenever you're stuck, tell me what you need - by Fennec - November 15, 2020, 01:37 AM