Broken Antler Fen We cannot alter our fate, but we can rise to meet it.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"It has to have some trees!" Wraen blurted the first thing that came to her mind and whined quitly to herself, when the that piece of ice and snow that had lodged itself between her fingers was removed with a good chunk of hair too. "Plains and meadows are good and great during the summer, but now they are freaking windy and cold," she shivered, thinking about the walk over the plains that had led them down here. Despite her thick winter coat, she still felt as if the gusts of wind had blown right through her and frozen everything that they had met along the way. "When the rain hits - it's bloody awful and you are on plain sight always too," she finished this part of argument.

"Water's important - you need to drink and if there is a sufficient amount of it, you can bet other critters will visit your claim too. But no swamp or marshy areas - wet feet and winter does not mix, and during the summer these will be breeding sites for tons and tons of mozzies," swamps were nice for occasional hunts or leisure activities. To live in one permanently - no. "I liked, when we lived in Sunspire, but there is only so much wolves it can host. I do not want to run in a situation, where we have nothing to eat again. Besides - avalanches are a threat too. You remember that snow-rock-slide at the waterfalls?" she asked referring to a winter, where she and Maia had had their fun exploring such phenomenon. 

"Bramblepoint is a place that is a favourite of mine, but it is unfavourably close to Moonspear. Who knows, when will they decide to branch out again and expand their claim. Maybe they consider it belongs to them already," she sighed, feeling glad that at least no one else but her got to enjoy her personal climbing-tree and watchtower the willow. For the simple reason that once during a storm it had got totally destroyed. "Blackfeather woods are not bad either, but the place has a bad history and we would not want to be associated with that, would it?" she said. 

"A-a-a-a-and - hey, I know this place!" all the while she had been talking, she had not paid close attention to, where they had chosen to stop and rest. She got to her feet and had a good look around. "I think that this was the very first stop I made, when I arrived here an... eternity ago," she told. "I met another lone wolf and I recall that I was so glad to talk with someone!"
Messages In This Thread
RE: We cannot alter our fate, but we can rise to meet it. - by Wraen - November 22, 2020, 07:57 AM