Redhawk Caldera In Xanadu did Kubla Khan a stately pleasure dome decree
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
It was fairly apparent that Fennec was willing to give them a bit of space and time to test the waters with each other. She wasn't coddling him, the way Niamh had coddled young Primrose. She was building him to be an independent creature, one who would learn at a young age how to handle the twists and turns of life without being shielded from absolutely everything. 

"Uhm?" Lacking the context to know that Fennec had explained to Killdeer that Phox was her father. It pained him to see his own son not even really grasp the concept of what a father was; and that was all his fault. "Your uh, pappy, yes," he said, glancing to Fennec and hoping for some sort of affirmation or correction if 'pappy' wasn't the right term. Maybe it was the word for grandfather, he didn't know. He hadn't been around to know what Killdeer called Phox. 

Killdeer didn't look much like him either, so he imagined it'd be harder for him to grasp based on their last of resemblance. The kid looked more like Towhee than anyone, in terms of markings, Bronco thought, but he didn't mind so much. As long as he didn't end up bearing the same scars as his father....He'd be proud of however his son looked. 

He drew in a ragged breath and cleared his throat, trying to figure out what to tell him. Obviously, not all the gruesome details. He hadn't even told Fennec the extent of it- and he wasn't sure he wanted to. She probably wouldn't mind him being at least somewhat honest, and he figured she might actually resent him a bit if he lied. The least he could do, now, was be honest. 

"I've been away," He croaked, and had to chuff to clear his throat a bit. It ached. "I...Ran into a bit of trouble when I went out to look for my Mom- your grandma- and...I was gone a lot longer than I should've been." He explained slowly, his voice crackling and rasping lightly. He was exhausted, and this was all a bit overwhelming for him. He felt as though his body might start trembling, or that his legs might crumple beneath him, so he sat down. "I'm sorry, kiddo...I just wanted to do what was best for you an' your Ma. I know an apology won't cut it, but....I'm back, now." Though that didn't imply he ought to be forgiven, either. He wasn't sure he'd ever forgive himself, let alone assume his family would. "You're a lot bigger'n what I remembered...Your Ma's been feeding you pretty good, eh?"
Messages In This Thread
RE: In Xanadu did Kubla Khan a stately pleasure dome decree - by RIP Bronco - August 26, 2021, 11:03 PM