Duck Lake No one dies from love; guess I'll be the first
Pledged
1,536 Posts
Ooc — xynien
200 for you! Fading, and Rev's timeline has been hanging out in the past for a bit now so I'll get us something present-dated <3
He didn't express any doubts. He didn't ask for more from her, either. Lestan had never asked her for anything, and that was perhaps why she gave so freely to him. He didn't ask for promises like home or forever, didn't even kiss her unless she made it quite clear that she wanted it. So undemanding, in fact, that she wondered sometimes if he truly felt anything for her. Reverie couldn't comprehend love without possession, it was foreign to her like everything else about this place and its people. But Lestan made it seem easy, all of it, like it was the most natural thing in the world and he was only waiting for her to catch up. Maybe he was; it seemed like something he might do, always trying to help. She loved him for that.
But hers was a love rooted in a desire to claim. Not wholly, not in perpetuity; just what few beautiful pieces she could grasp, whatever she was given. Hers; he was hers. Maybe not forever, but that didn't matter. She pulled him closer, and a faint, breathy, wanting growl slipped from her — and this time it had nothing to do with anything but Lestan. Reverie was immediately embarrassed, of course. Lestan, I want - You. Again. But then, hadn't she just... Well, we already did it once - more than once! It couldn't hurt, right? She met his eyes, and whatever he decided, she would trust.
Either way, she sent him off with kisses and promises to return.
Messages In This Thread
RE: No one dies from love; guess I'll be the first - by Reverie - January 31, 2023, 03:19 PM