Rising Sun Valley Leave me in the afterglow, the dew of dying stars
Pledged
Party City
1,545 Posts
Ooc — xynien
She blinked at him, suddenly uncertain and maybe a little charmed by the way his voice changed. Tybault had known Lestan, so how could Lestan not know —
It clicked, then, at least as best as it could with limited knowledge. Whatever Tybault had learned, Lestan hadn't made the connection. She bit her lip, stressed by the abrupt conflict set before her. She could keep it from him, she could keep all of it from him; the long shadows of her past didn't need to stain this too. But she knew she couldn't keep it from him forever. Her life would always be this, always haunted by all that had made her. There were only two options left to her, and to those who dared to love her: stand against it, or run.
If he was a runner, she would rather know now. And maybe she should have felt guilty for doubting him, but she didn't; her doubt was her safety net, in case of the worst, because she still couldn't quite learn how to stop preparing for it. My brother. Tybault. He - mentioned you, The fear of hearing that name grasped her again, and she added, I don't know what he said to you, but if he said - that name - you can't ever say it! Not around me. Please. He didn't hurt me, though. He just...
Reverie shivered a little. He was so cruel.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Leave me in the afterglow, the dew of dying stars - by Reverie - February 10, 2023, 03:31 PM