Swiftcurrent Creek My sacred pining whims, my sacred vining whims
Pledged
1,536 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Reverie hated herself for the way her whole world seemed a little brighter at Arric's words. Just a little, just the barest shifting of light over what seemed like endless night since Lestan left. She was not certain anymore that she truly wanted him to come back. As often as she wished for his presence, it was always in the context of Lestan never leaving her in the first place.
Now that he had left, she didn't know if she could accept him back. She didn't know if she would ever be able to look at him without recalling that feeling, that sinking spiraling feeling of sitting alone and being alone with a burden that was far beyond her. If it took the orders of his leader to bring him back, if that was the only thing that brought Lestan to her again in the end... she wasn't sure how she would feel.
If she was honest with herself, the thought of it made her skin crawl in a way that alarmed her. So she focused on the small brightness that was the thought of seeing him again, and lifted her head to offer a tentative but grateful smile through her tears as Arric left. She tried not to think of Lestan when she settled again... but he occupied her thoughts for the remainder of the night.
Messages In This Thread
RE: My sacred pining whims, my sacred vining whims - by Reverie - April 05, 2023, 07:11 PM