Hushed Willows There's a warning written in the corners of your face
Pledged
1,541 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Her sudden understanding of the situation gave her a new perspective, and as Boone went on, Reverie found herself grateful for him, for his defense of her. It was disconcerting to realize how easily she'd almost been taken in by the notion that she might be special. She pressed her nose to his cheek as he started to explain, hoping the gesture would convey that she understood.

I will, She promised softly. My - my family was - very religious. It was different, but... the fear and control, that was the same. Our whole lives revolved around it. And I - I used to think I needed religion to have meaning in my life. For a long time. But - She kissed his muzzle. Now I have you. And that meant she was special, if only for the fact that Boone had chosen her. She was the one he wanted to spend his life with. That was all the meaning she needed. Reverie pressed herself into his arms and kissed him, and kept kissing him until she felt his heartbeat turn slow and steady — and then she kissed him a little more.
Messages In This Thread
RE: There's a warning written in the corners of your face - by Reverie - December 06, 2023, 06:14 PM