Hushed Willows oneiropólisi
Pledged
Party City
1,545 Posts
Ooc — xynien
!!!! Screams softly. Tag for ref (or can be for joining if you want! <3)
It was a familiar scent on the breeze which stirred her from her nap. One she'd never thought to find in the wind again, no matter how much she wished for it. Reverie was breathless as she rose, trembling. @Boone, She whispered. Boone - my brother is here. He - oh, I have to go see him, I -

And there were no more words. She ran. Past the lake and across the meadow and through the marsh, under snow and against the wind. Her belly ached with a familiar cramping feeling, but she hardly noticed. Everett. Everett was here. Reverie didn't even realize that she was already crying by the time she found him. Everett, Her voice was stark over the cut of wind, a single chime of a bell. Snow kicked up at her feet as she stopped. For a moment she could only stare.

And she saw the sorrow in him; the loss. She knew that look so well by now. It was the hallmark of their childhood, it was the cracked glass legacy etched into their veins. A curse, perhaps, that all they loved would always be taken by the fire. That was the thing about fire: it burned and burned until you could no longer feel yourself at all in the flames. Until you became the fire. Everett had seen it in her that day by the river, and now — now she saw it in him.

She went to him, unafraid to touch him, to wrap him in her arms because she was as much a flame as he; both lit by that horrible place they'd run from. It's okay, Reverie murmured to him, though she did not yet know what plagued him. Did it matter? He was here. She would make it okay. It's going to be okay.
Messages In This Thread
oneiropólisi - by Everett - January 30, 2024, 12:59 AM
RE: oneiropólisi - by Reverie - January 30, 2024, 01:13 AM
RE: oneiropólisi - by Everett - January 31, 2024, 01:14 AM
RE: oneiropólisi - by Reverie - January 31, 2024, 01:19 PM
RE: oneiropólisi - by Everett - February 01, 2024, 12:36 AM
RE: oneiropólisi - by Reverie - February 01, 2024, 11:32 AM